Classics Wave One as a whole

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Shin-Gouki, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    You know I got the Deluxes today (Thus having all of wave one now) and I have to say they are without a doubt some of the best Transformers I have bought in years, and easily the best Main Line Bots I have bought since R.I.D.

I have to admit though that I am underwhelmed with Prime and Megatron. Megatron just seems awkward and lame and Prime well to be honest he just a fraction off of being a friggin Deluxe!!! He'a almost the same size as Starscream and Astrotrain!!!! They should have given us a trailer with this figure or Craded him at a lower price point, at $20 I feal cheated somehow. Don't get me wrong, I like him, I just think he's a Deluxe.

Overall I think my favorite is Screamer, with Bumblebee's Robot mode making him a second (I Dispise his car mode mainly because I'm a huge VW fan (F-U VWag!!) and second I HATE Riced Out Cars!) Screamer will be perfect with some paint thinner on the wings and hopefully a Reprolabels set (That was a hint Delta!)

All in all I do not regret getting any of them, which is not something I have been able to say about a main line again since R.I.D. so Hasbro you are on to something PLEASE keep this line alive!!! As things are looking this line better keep going so I have figs to get, because I have zero interest in the movie figures.

2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Classics as a whole is what I have wanted since I grew up as an adult and longed for my G1 characters that got sold at garage sales....not my doing....(looking at you metroplex:banghead:  ) KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!!

3. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

Personally I'm mildly impressed by the Classics (I don't have the voyagers yet)

I like them I really do, but in the same way I've liked most Cybertron figures, I honestly don't get the gushing about "best line since RID", as far as I'm concerned they're really not better than say Cybertron Downshift or Cybertron Defence Hot Shot.

That said I was having a kinda of nostagia moment when i first Transformed them: I kept on half-hearing the G1 Season 1/2 background music.

Maybe its just a favourette's issue: if there was a deluxe Classics version of Bluestreak of comparable quality, detail and articultion and I'd likely class it as the greatest TF ever...

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    The Megatron design is complete ass, but I think a lot of people are convincing themselves that it's cool *because* it's Megatron. If it was named anything else (ie: different character), it would be left sitting on store shelves everywhere in all its lame Nerf gun glory.

The Prime design is awesome, although I have to agree that it's pretty small and not much bigger than an average deluxe. Definitely could have been bigger by another inch or so.

Maybe in another 20 years we'll get G1 characters that have accurate size scale, hehe.

5. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I have to disagree with prime being just about the size of a deluxe. Hes comparable to G1 primes Size. It was getting tiresome having to pay almost 40 bucks for a prime and megs. It felt good to get a decent looking prime for only 20. screw a trailer.
    Overall. Wave 1= 8 out of 10.

6. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I love them all, but somewhat regret Megs. I know if I had passed on him though, I'd read all these threads declarng his glory and I'd just end up getting him anyway.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

So far, I only have Astrotrain, and Bumblebee. The toys are great, but Astrotrain's right leg needs little tightening up. It would be easier, if it wasn't revited together.

My biggest complaints with the line are the lack of real faction symbols (already corrected this, on the two I have) and the Autobot character selection. Somehow, the Autobot deluxes keep hitting on characters I've never really cared about. I'm pretty apathetic towards Bumblebee and Grimlock, and I'm outright hostile towards Hot Rod. Mirage and Cliffjumper have me exited, though.

This is possibly the best TF line ever. Certainly the best since the 85 line up.

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm in love with Megatron. He is amazing. Not because it's Megatron, not because it's a Gun, but because I think it is engineering brilliance. Classics are great. I'm collecting the whole line.

9. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Being a 90's kid I never got any G1's so for me this line is a godsend. Everything in it is awesome. From Meg's evil brow to HotRod's, well he looks cool.

10. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I only like Megatron because Kickback does....

11. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Megatron looks sweet; can't wait to get him.

Although I AM planning on repainting him, I guess... even still, he looks sweet as is.

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I'm atleast painting the orange on Megatron, the other aspects have yet to be determined due to my lack of painting skill.

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, I'm starting my sanding on mine tomorrow since I finally have a day off. I'm HOPING I can dye the shinguards black so there'll be no paint to wear there, but I got some black krylon just in case. I'm ancy to start this one!

14. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I love this line. Each figure has unprecedented attention to detail in at least some aspect of their engineering. Some Cybertron deluxes were really well done, but I feel the Classics Deluxes really raise the bar.

Prime is the perfect size. I really dislike large transformers. He wasn't ginormous in G1, and so he doesn't need to be so huge in this line either. Megatron is shocking. I didn't expect to like him so much.

I am shocked by the amount of critisism seen in these review threads, but it just goes to show you can't impress everyone. I however, am very impressed.

Hats off to Hasbro and the HasTak design team.

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'm really mixed about the line. Pics of classics have been great, but once you get them I'm just kind of let down by them.

Optimus-- needs to be bigger. I really want an Ultra sized G1 Optimus with less kibble.

Starscream-- needs to be a voyager, head movement, smaller guns. Being a Voyager sized figure would have fixed all of this.

Bumblebee-- really needs a gun, and a more stable chest.

haven't gotten the rest, so i guess we'll see.

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

Love all of them so far. Megatron is great, he looks so cool I would love him if he wasn't Megatron, but he is. Just awesome. Wish the line wasn't so limited though- wish there were more figures than what we're getting.

17. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Why does everybody weant to give Bumblebee a gun? It's Bumblebee!

The pea shooter that comes with the Armada Sideswipe mold would probably look about right, for the mold. I plan to give the one from my U Treadshot to Cliffjumper. Bumblebee will remain unarmed.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Another popular small gun to give Bumblebee is the small gun that comes with RiD/Universe Hightower, though how well it fits in the hand seems to vary depending on which variation of Hightower you've got. That gun can also snug under one half of the hood for car mode.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thought I'd add a little something here - First impressions versus final impressions (or early toy pictures versus having the toy in-hand)

Astrotrain: First impression outdid final for me. Looked great in pictures, but doesn't much impress me in person, even after tightening up the shoulder joints.

Starscream: About equal. About the only problem I didn't expect from the pictures was the tendency for the robot to fall backward. I like the toy about as much as I thought I would from the pictures.

Rodimus: This was my least favorite classic in pictures, but surpassed Astrotrain in person for me. The only surprise was that Rod seemed smaller in person, especially the head. Liked the toy slightly better than I expected from pictures.

Bumblebee: Lived up to the hype. I expected to love the toy from the first pictures, and nothing managed to disappoint or change my opinion.

Megatron: Originally I expected I'd like the Tank Megatron much more, but I'm not so sure now. No big surprises or disapointments, but I didn't expect that a gun mode which does next to nothing would be so much fun to fiddle with.

Optimus: OK, this one surprised me. From pictures, I was expecting to not be too crazy about it, with the thin-waisted robot mode, kibble-arms and other details. Certainly it wouldn't displace my old fave, Armada Bendy Prime, but Everything seemed to work a lot better in-hand, from looks to size, and Classics Prime is well on it's way to being an all-time favorite Prime for me, assuming it stands up to the novelty wearing off.

20. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Love them all. The moulds themselves are better than the AEC trilogy, but there are some QC issues with sloppy paint aps and those pesky rubsigns are often wonky. I think it's great to have the 2 leaders at a smaller size and I love them both. Based off pictures, I wasn't too sure about Megatron, but damn is he fun now that I've got him. I love the futuristic nurf/revolver gun, it's great. He's also got a great transformation (he's really not much of a shellformer at all, despite what people claim). The only problem is that I wish his arm cannon / scope could come off as it's a bit big and can get in the way. Optimus is just fantastic, one of the best TF's ever made. Same goes for Bumblebee (I do kind of wish that the Wave Crusher could turn into some kind of gun, but giving the spy Bumbles a flight mode is great). I wasn't to hot for Rodimus after seeing pics, but he's great, especially his saw and I like how his gun can also act as a jet pack for him.

Astrotrain is fun, but those arm covers always slip back over, I wish they would click into place. Starscream is maybe a bit small, but I guess he needs to be so they can churn out plenty of seeker repaints. Overall, Classics are even better than I expected and without a doubt some of the best Transformers ever made. Easily the best line ever, the only downside being it's limited nature. I really hope they keep making more, this may be the only line I would buy every toy from.