classics wave 4

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jedi prime1, Jan 13, 2007.

1. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

Isn't there going to be a classics wave 4? does anybody know what is in it?

2. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All other lines are on hold until after the movie.

Though it is no guarantee that Classics or Alts will continue after the movie

3. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

If do decide to stop the Classics line after the movie, it'd make collecting the entire set that much easier. :) 

4. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

thats such a horrible thought.

honestly, TF Classics and GI Joe Sigma 6 are the best thing hasbro is doing right now. (i would say star wars but its been dry since ROTS. although it should pick up again soon)

sigma 6 is due to continue through 2007 (although the cartoon maybe be done?)

classics... PLEASE, GODS OF PLASTIC, CONTINUE THIS LINE!

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Classics FTW :horse:  :horse:  :horse: 

I might get Homages for the line :D 

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I's love to get at least Thundercracker and a few updated Autobot cars (Bluestreak, Jazz, Ironhide) out of Classics.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering the huge amount of love the toys are getting from fans, and the fact that they seemed to sell like hotcakes at Christmas (although that was TFs in general, Targets here couldn't keep any Transformers in stock), I'd be surprised if we've seen the last of Classics.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm hoping for a wave of repaints at the least. Thundercracker and maybe a remolded Hot Rod as Blurr or something.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

We can all pray for more. I'd at least like them to finish the Seekers. Come on Hasbro, at least Thundercracker is an easy one!

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have read here a few times that all the seekers will be made for this line. Plus there are 7 Autobots and only 4 Decepticons. We need more Evil here!!!!

11. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I dig this Line, the only complant from the whole line from me is that Prime is smaller then Megs in Bot mode.

12. Matt Nelson

Matt Nelson Sinner

Are there any online stores selling whole sets of them? I really enjoyed my Classics Bumblebee and I want the others but would find it easier to just order them as a group. Except Megatron, 'cause I just don't find him very cool. :) 

Matt

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I see Hasbro revisiting Classics after the movie, I don't think it's going to take a huge leap of faith on this. New molds might be to close to call at this stage but I think seeing repaints sometime after the movie at least is a good bet. I can also see TakaraTomy picking up on Classics as well, so we might also see some repaints and or retools on that front as well.

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I think we all WANT the Classics line to continue. The question is will it. We can only hope.

As for Sigma 6, I WANT A 12 INCH SCARLET FIGURE DANGIT! They have everybody else already! If they do that, THEN I will consider it a great line.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I won't be surprised at all if we still get the remianing 3 Seekers right before the line supposedly goes on hiatus, just to round things out. Even if it's in a more expensive 3-pack format or something - I don't care. Just as long as it ISN'T a Botcon exclusive. Make an exclusive Botcon version of Sunstorm, fine, but not Thundercracker, Dirge & Thrust.

16. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro explicitly stated that there would be no new Classics before the movie besides what has already been announced (Ramjet, Cliffjumper, etc..). Now whether we might see some of these incorporated as Botcon exclusives has yet to be seen but pretty much what has been announced is it at least for the short term.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Fair enough, but I'm still holding onto the little tidbit that Archer @ Botcon said we would be getting ALL of the Seekers, and that TransformersClassics.com also says "all of the Generation 1 jets" in reference to what is still coming out beyond what we already know about.

I'm not taking any of it as gospel fact, but am really hoping there's more going on behind the scenes than what we think we all know for certain. That's all.

18. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

Man the movie is not until freaking July, why in the hell would they put the classics on hold for that long?

19. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

I really wouldnt mind one last rushed line of repaints before the movie
    but i wouldnt be able to take it if they make any of the classics characters to finish my g-1 dream botcon exclusives i swear i'll go crazy... i havent been to a botcon since '01 now that i have a family and these toys if made botcon exclusives would be frickin impossible to get (i'm not spending $50-60 on a deluxe figure)

either way.. the movie figs havent really cought my attention and would much rather see the classics continue more so than movie figs get 10 different size classes

20. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To ensure people buy the movie toys. I want to see the movie, but the toys are meh to me. Plus, a lot of the toys look complicated so choosing a RiD style toy vs. an energon style, most parents will pick the simpler ones.