Classics wave 2: what do we know?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, May 31, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

So we've pretty much seen wave 1 so far; what do we know about wave 2? This isn't another "who do you want to see" thread- its a "who are we going to see", and "who do you think we'll see based on what information" kinda thread. Speculation is fine, but support it with at least some logic.

2. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    The current rumors floating about are Grimlock as a deluxe and Soundwave and Jetfire as Voyagers.

The original list had Astrotrain there as well with a deluxe prime in wave 1. The deluxe Prime seems to be debunked now though. And Astrotrain is wave 1 now.

There was also 2 "To be determined" in the wave 2 list.

3. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I cant wait to see how Soundwave turns out. It'll take a mighty effort to replace G1 'wave on the shelf.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Well, if deluxe Grimlock and Soundwave and Jetfire as voyagers are going to be in there (seems likely, as they were part of the lineup that we first heard Astrotrain from- otherwise seemingly coming out of left field) then that would now leave 3 unknown deluxe spots available.
    And while I'm really hoping they're in there, but what confirmation beyond that early lineup has there been for even those three (Grimmy, SW, JF)?

5. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope its not Skywarp, Thundercracker and Cliffjumper... all repaints... as the three others

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    all i know is i'm buying all of em.

7. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I read somewhere that two have yet to be announced and that deluxe Prime may be cancelled.

That being said, I'm speculating that the three unannounced figures will be Blitzwing (to compliment Astrotrain), Prowl (potential for two re-paints), and Jazz (fan-favourite).

If the first 2 waves are successful, I'm guessing they will repaint the first wave as follows:
    Prime as Magnus
    Megatron as Galvatron
    Starscream as Thundercracker
    Bumbebee as Cliffjumper
    Astrotrain as Anime Astrotrain

8. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Something else to speculate: If Soundwave's still part of the run, will he have minions included? If so, how many, and whom?

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Personally I would not mind in the slightest if that extra spot in Wave 2 was filled by Skywarp. And seeing that these figures are due in November and the movie toys probably wont hit until June or July, we're bound to have more waves, which means remolds and repaints... And so long as they remold the head of Bumblebee, I say bring on Cliffjumper, if there's an oppertunity to fit a classic character into a modern toy, DO NOT WASTE IT.

10. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Grimlock only a deluxe? That's pretty weak.

11. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we'll get at least one repaint of a seeker in wave two. (if not 2) And at least another new car-like Autobot. Who it would be is a matter of guessing right now. (tho I do hope for Prowl or Ironhide)

A repaint of Bumblebee as Cliffjumper and the third seeker could come our way in a wave three. At least I hope to see a wave three or more. Cause if there are only going to be 10 TF's in the movie, then the movie line ain't gonna last too long.

12. butz

butz slippery when wet

I read someone claiming on another forum (might've been Tfans, when I was looking for Bumblebee pics because I can't wait for my newsletter to arrive) that there is going to be a Jazz figure. I have no clue what that guy might be basing this on ( I wrote it off as blatant misinformation, but thought it might be worth mentioning in a thread speculating this kinda stuff).
    It would be cool, and make sense for a classics line, but I just don't see where anybody would get the idea that he was even mentioned, let alone confirmed... any thoughts?

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd hope for at least a third wave as well, though Movie stuff may take over just about everything Transformer once the time comes.

One nice, or at least interesting thing is how evenly matched the bots and cons are. As of the first wave it's three of each, though the to-be-announced may shift the balance around. I'm hoping for at least one Starscream repaint, if only because it's the obvious thing to do.

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Based on the gaps between toy and movie release dates from RotS, Batman Begins, and Superman, the movie line will likely be released around May 1 '07. So it's not quite as much time as you think, but they could easily get a third and probably fourth wave in there.

15. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It seems that at least one deluxe mold we haven't seen or heard about will be added to the list (assuming what we have now is accurate). Otherwise it would be one new mold (Grimlock) + three repaints, which doesn't feel quite right. My bet for the 2nd wave is:

Jetfire (voyager)
    Soundwave (voyager)

Grimlock (deluxe)
    Cliffjumper (deluxe, BB repaint)
    Skywarp or TC (deluxe, SS repaint)
    unknown (new deluxe)

A wave three might include yet another seeker repaint, Megs as Galvatron, Prime as Magnus. I'd also be delighted to see these guys in future lines, or used for Botcon at some point down the line... so many possibilities!

16. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

If classics is supposed to be a G1 homage to the MAX line, can they really get by with a Galvy that is just a Megs repaint?

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The unknown deluxes, besides Grimlock. Hmmm. How about Ironhide, Jazz and Scrapnel? It would be nice to see another beast alt mode. Jazz was so popular, he needs a Classics form. And Ironhide just deserves it.

Save the repaints for later.

18. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

I would not mind at all a so called repaint, today it looks cheap but in the old days, that is what they did, Starscream, 'cracker and Skywarp were all the same mold and were released at the same time. As one who owns all three of the originals I would indeed buy cause whats not classic about that.

Magnus, yeah don't unless we get his outer armor. It did indeed rock seeing him out of it in the comics but I still see the classic look done instead of a straight repaint.

Anyway back to who, well Jazz sounds easily like a good idea. Iron Hide and Ratchet really need an update.

Prowl, eeh Yeah but god Hasbro has over done the character too much to me.

I await to see what grimlock looks like before making Judgement, considering old toy size I think Deluxe fits right.

I do wonder what Soundwave will look like. Minions, yeah hopefully we atleast get 2, Lazerbeak and Ravage or Rumble. Actually those would be my main 3. Ratbat's dead in my opinion (wasn't he eaten by that one thing in a Season 3 ep)

19. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also would not mind a Cliffjumper repaint the mold is good and the head replacement is a must. Cliffy looks nothing like BB. I don't think we would get this until the thrid wave though.

[​IMG]
    BumbleBee

[​IMG]
    Cliffjumper

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with the voyagers but I think the deluxes will be

Grimlock
    Thundercracker
    Shockwave
    Kup

I don't see Megs repainted into Galvatron, not to say they couldn't do it I just think since they orginally were different molds they (Hasbro) would not do this. Prime to Magnus happens all the time I would like to have Magnus as a new mold or at least some armor to make him look like he is supposed to look, but I wouldn't rule out that repaint.