Classics VS 2Pack Optimus Prime Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Aug 14, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Yeah Voyager Classics Prime still looks way better, but I kinda like this little guy, and plan on getting him.

2. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

well so far the only Classics that I'm interested in are Bumblebee, Grimlock & Jetfire. This hasn't really changed that, but I am still more likely to splurge on this $20 two-pack as an impulse buy than the voyager-scaled leaders, if for no other reason than the price point.

3. Dream Warrior

Dream Warrior Well-Known Member

Honestly, the Megs that comes with this 2-pack looks better, but this isn't too bad, aside from the heinous truck mode. I'll be picking this 2-pack up.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Although I wish the legs collapsed, and that they had hidden his head, I think this 2-pack Prime looks a LOT better than the RM version, as seen below. the whole bottom of the cab is horrendous, and the 2-pack one doesn't seem to have "weird stuff" plain as day right inside the windows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andy

5. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I will say though, he does certainly look a bit better than the RM version in alt mode. There's not as much space open around the front of the truck.

6. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean he hasn't already? Seriously, how many versions of Prime do YOU have? I plan to take over the world with mine...

And WTF is wrong with his face?

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

:lol 
    Please tell me you're joking.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It wouldn't be that hard for Hasbro to pretty much replicate the G1 mold and add some articulation. Swiveling head, better shoulder joints, and some ball jointed hips. It is not necesary to sacrifice one mode for the other. I know I could design a G1-esque Prime where both modes were cool. Unfortunately, I don't work for Hasbro or have the money to make a prototype.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Eh, it's alright. I'll probably pass since neither this nor Megatron wowed me at all. Can't they make any smaller sized Prime that has an alt mode that DOESN'T look like complete shit? I mean You'd think with today's engineering they'd be able to come up with a decent transformation that will still make the front of the cab line up right.

10. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

You see sometimes, when a prototype is shown, what will happen is that they(being Hasbro/Takara/whatever other complany) will try to disfigure the prototype in some way to make less appealing of being taken and sell it to other people. So in essence, they want to make it look a bit craptastic, so you don't want to try and buy it somehow(the actually prototype).
    [​IMG]

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm about tired of seeing the question about the yellow on the face getting asked. If you have a question about something pertaining to a thread you are reading, READ THE DAMNED POSTS!!!!

Thank you, that is all.

12. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Another mediocre looking Prime. The robot mode looks decent, but honestly haven't we seen enough G1 inspired bot-mode primes? How about actually paying attention to the vehicle mode instead?

What makes it sad is that this guy can make a better looking transformable G1 Prime OUT OF LEGO! Kudos to CrazyCanuck (whoever he is) for actually doing Prime justice.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Crazy Canuck's brickshelf gallery

If only Has/Tak would treat us so well.

13. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

He's just a little jaundiced is all....

14. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I had such high hopes for this set, then I saw the fugures. No Sale Here

15. Shepp

Shepp Maverick Hunter

Ebay:
    well, after carefully looking at these pics, and at my RM prime, i think its safe to say that this is hasbro's rebuild of RM prime.

they've managed to fix all of RM prime's problems (okay, almost, hasbro could have hid the head better than they have).

unfortunately they've introduced 2 new problems that i can tell.

firstly, the point of the cab. this seems like it just didn't have to be like that. RM prime had that part really well done. in truck mode it looked flat enough, and in robot mode it had some dimension to it. had this prime by hasbro gone with the flatter cab like RM prime, i'd say this was the definitive g1 prime with today's technology.

the second problem, waist articulation has become chest articulation. now this is something we can't 100% fault hasbro with, since its more or less a design oversight. because the wheel wells and tires fold up and become the sides of the abdomen, the hinge causes a problem for waist articulation. plus, having the lower torso rotate around as well would cause the tires to be sticking out the front. so they moved the rotation point higher. no biggie. but with more time and engineering i think they could have avoided this.

the gun looks good but weird.

anyways, i'll be getting this prime. because its prime. and because the pointy truck mode isn't a complete turn-off for me.

i just think that could have been done better flatter. or even made the point shallower, and made the lower half of the front have the same point. the chest articulation is weird, but negligible since it makes up for the lack of waist articulation.

16. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not until they nail both modes 100%. And I'm not being sarcastic.

17. Movebuster

Movebuster Hiding True Intelligence

P-please tell me I don't have to wait until November. Can't I get it online? :poop 
    I think that Prime is not transformed accurately, hence the boob.
    I don't think I'll get this one. It's too much like my 20'th anniversary Prime and my Hybrid Style Prime. And I'm not rich.

18. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    it's hard to say without knowing everything that goes into the design process, but to my mind's eye, starting with the G1 cab and then bringing in some of the better ideas from Masterpiece (the way the head was on a plate) and/Or THS 02 (the hands for instance) would make for the definative G1 Prime.

...or the Classics Voyager in G1 colors like the Digibash that was floated about, that'd be good enough for me :)  (i really like that mold)

It's really not so much that there's anything in particlarly bad about this mold (exposed head and some of the other nit-picky funkyness aside) it just brings nothing new to the table (aside from the gun transforming, which is nifty, but still looks too G.I.Joe-ish too me)

19. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    That alt mode is ridiculous looking. Why can't Hasbro or TakaraTomy get one decent looking truck out all of these Primes they've been doing the last couple of years? It's getting almost comical at this point. The robot mode looks allright, but I wasn't crazy about the Megatron at all, and this Prime isn't good enough to make up the difference, so this is probably a no sale for me personally.

20. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I actually like his gun/turret station. Hopefully it's got something that'll fit it well to scale.