Classics VS 2Pack Optimus Prime Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I love it! Granted I own Robotmaster's prime and actually like it. This is an improvement over that toy.

It's clearly not RM prime, they are similair only because they are both G1-Prime just like they seem to be triplets with THS-2 Prime

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    full prper deco may change my opinion, but right now i'd say the Robotmasters version is better. Really not digging the Autobrand on the side of the forearm, bottom of Cab door or the exposed head (and one little flap would fix that!)

did he borrow his rifle from the G.I.Joes? ~ the gun platform in Truck mode is nice though.

3. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

It's almost like they're making a concious decision that they won't do anything to come close to the MP Prime's G1 accuracy. I suppose I can understand that "glass ceiling" approach, but it doesn't change the fact that they seem to be capable of making a far better lower price point G1 Prime than they are willing to produce.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh. Similar to the RM mold, but with some improvements (including a vehicle mode with no huge gaping holes in it, always a plus). The articulation looks pretty decent, but there's something very off about the headsculpt (and I don't mean the yellow splotch ofpaint). Definitely inferior to the upcoming Classics Prime and one piece that will not be going into my collection.

That gun is f-ing sweet, though.

5. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Looks pretty bad as is.

6. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pooptastic! Another so so mold for Optimus. I'll take the regular Classics Prime.

7. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I like it. I have th RM Prime and this thing looks a ton better. Not sure about the head but its hard to make detaiols out with that paint slash.

Edit: Looking at the truck mode there looks to be a metal rod behind the head at the back of the cab, possibly a point where a cover could connect and move to cover and allow the head to be moved out.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I like it, but I prefer the voyager sized Classics Prime.

9. nogga_nootch

nogga_nootch 1

Ebay:
    hmm, it looks a little cheap, hopefully they'll make it more snazzy, i want my damn classics, had them pre-ordered for a month now, why is november so far off.

10. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Even though it's a crude test shot, I'm loving it. A mini-like MP Ops at a fraction of the cost!:D 

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I will buy the two-pack. Nice job done on this figure. This Prime looks more fitting to the Classics line. Still I'll probably buy them all.

12. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Near as I can tell (and I'm always wrong with these estimates), he's about 14.5cm tall, a good size when stacked next to basic cars, deluxe jets, and gestalts. Less than 14cm is too short, more than 15cm is too tall.

Of course, I'm probably way off.

13. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That is way better than the RM ver. His gun is crazy! This is the true classic prime.

14. Blackstar

Blackstar TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, they can, if you want the robot mode to look like total cack. G1 Optimus had the poseability of a rock.

15. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

I think that rods just the connection for the head to swivel up and down on.

It seems to me Hasbro are branching into making cheap knock-offs of their own toys..

When you consider some of the quality stuff coming out in the next few months and the great toys they have produced in the past couple of years, this just seems like a step backwards.

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Those aren't part of the toy, it's paint to make the test shots undesireable to collectors.

Do you really think they would put that crap there on purpose?

17. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, lots of negativity on this one and it isn't completely deserved.

If you look at the placement of the "arms" in truck mode, you can see by the close arm that it CAN be far enough forward to give a flat nose. However, you can also see by the far arm that it can push "in" more from the side. I think, if everything was fitted together that way it was meant to be, you'd have a pretty solid cab mode. And when is the first picture of a test-shot ever transformed completely right?

As for the head, it sure looks like that bar behind the head is meant to hold a foldable flap. And, even if it isn't, that's a pretty quick self-addition once I've bought the toy.

The two pack is officially on the "BUY THA' SUCKA" list for me. I see possibilities upon possibilities with both molds. Good job Hasbro.

18. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    to me, the alt mode is just as much as part of the character as the robot mode is. It sucks seeing one mode being sacrificed for the other.

19. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Not sure it's quite as good as the RM toy. The alt mode certainly isn't better, and he's got some extraenous and overly busy detailing for no good reason, while the RM version is nice and clean. The RM toy was smaller too.

Still, I love RM Prime, so this is by no means bad. Just somewhat redundant. Still, I do find the notion that AA thought the Robot Master molds were "bad" so he created this and Classics Mirage somewhat funny.

Phazer

20. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Nevermore is going to kill you.