Heavy/Scratch: Classics Voyager Galvatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by RodimusDawg, Jan 22, 2009.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally after months and months of working on it and having to wait to build a photobooth I am finished.

This custom is Heavily inspired by the unbelievably talented Jin Saotome's Galvatron customs.

Cannon: The cannon is my favorite part of this Custom so I will start there. It was built from Gundam parts and a Staples pen body that took about two weeks of hunting to find the perfect one. I put the fin on the back of the cannon give it a G1 feel but also it looks updated like what the recent Classics line is to achieve.
    [​IMG]

Treads: These came from the shoulder tread of a Leader class TFTM: Brawl. For legs I used the shoulder cannons the originally came with the figure and cut them down and treaded a bolt thru the shaved down post and attached the tread. The tread cover came from a weapons upgrade for a gundam and some random Zoids pieces.
    [​IMG]

Back Foot/Pedal: Is made from once again gundam parts. Actually just the gundam foot and ankle area. The joint that attaches to the body was made a plastic box shapes thing with a handle of a gundam saber fitting perfect through it. I cut the ends of sanded the side so it was flush and had the perfect hinged joint attachment.
    [​IMG]

Paint apps: I used a combination of both Testors Fanatasy acrylic paints and Gameworkshop paints. It was spray paints a complete flat black and from there most of the colors were then dry brushed on to give him a worn out grim look.
    [​IMG]

As for this being my first serious custom and kitbash I am ver pleased on how this turned out. Please enjoy and leave any critique and comments. And feel free to ask any questions.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
  2. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    very nice:thumbs2:  Lovin the gundam parts and the cannon.

Its just my opinion, but I think you should make the decepticon symblo on his chest a tiny bit darker.

But still very nice!

3. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

TOUCHDOWN = TOTAL WIN it is beautiful

4. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

I have always liked this bash, I think it was probably the one bash that got me started (Jin's). This one is VERY well done, very nice paint apps. And I like "the foot"...nice resolution to the kickstand problem.

Some day I'll finish mine...someday :( 

5. vidmouse

vidmouse Well-Known Member

Agree, very cool for a purple Galvatron.
    (I'm a fan of navy blue Galvatron myself)

6. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

Great paint apps! Also, I think shaving down the shoulder cannons and using them as the tank treads was a great idea and the most practical way to do it!

7. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

who isn't trying to finish theirs?
    ;) 
    The Galvatron that Jin made was one of the most inspiring customs I have ever seen. I think anyone who saw it said to themselves, "hey that looks cool, but I think I can do it also."
    This piece is evidence of how he has inspired many people.

8. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Rodimus Dawg, my friend, it looks byootiful. :> Great job!

- Alty

9. Sunswipe

Sunswipe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Most excellent and most different since i last saw this in progress. The gundam foot was a great idea and i like how you found a place to store the fin part of the cannon in alt mode.

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    That is goregous. Both modes look fantastic.

11. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Fixed all the pics and put the actual attachment. Sorry bout that fellas.

Yeah my poor Gundams are nothing more than fodder and parts. Nothing like reminiscing while ripping them apart.

I thought he was Dark Blue for the longest time until Sunswipe and I had a long arguement/debate that he wasn't or was. Then like referees looking at a play back we busted out the 80's movie and I admitted defeat.:duel 

Yeah Jin has inspired a lot of people here. I can't wait to see if he will be doing anything when the new movie line comes out. And I just can't accept Hasbro's Galvatrohan (Lindsey Lohan) its too small,ug,and frail for me.

And Karlon let's get to it Chop chop.:popcorn 

These were the only things I had that I trusted to hold and support the weight of this figure. But looking at some of the newer custom of Crefigz's Movie Starscream on here I'm thinking the Neo-Shifters arms might look pretty niffty.

Yeahhh Boi!! As opposed I starting to make my own plastic crack 4-shame!!! :lol 

Indeed good friend. Now I just have to hide it when or if you over stop by my place.:lol  I just cut a few rare earth Magnets in half dropped them in where the screw use to be and the back part already had a magnet so it works, but I need some stronger magnets.

Thanks guys!!

12. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Question: You do commissions? This kicks all kinds of ass.

13. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    At the current moment I can't with the winter weather being as it is, and I live in the Midwest. But taking commissions might be in my possible future say around the late spring/early summer.

14. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Superb job!:drool:  :bowdown: But I think the face is a bit too clean, considering you achieved a fantastic "real world" gritty look with the dry brushing. It's just a bit distracting, I think a simple wash would totally enhance the look and elevate the awesomeness!!:thumbs2: