Classics versions of 1984 Autobots

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Apr 30, 2008.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Anybody else notice that with the Classics figures announced at BC, theres only 4 of the 1984 Autobot deluxe cars not accounted for in Classics? Jazz obviously can't be done right away due to his figure in animated, Ratchet is a VERY likely re-deco of Ironhide, and they said they were looking into the other two- Wheeljack and Trailbreaker (woot!). Wonder if they'll start doing some of the other Minicars, so as to fill up the '84 Autobot roster?

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

How typical, my 2 favorites Wheeljack & Trailbreaker get pushed to the rear. Just like Skywarp always takes the back seat.

Why the hell can't Hasbro start pushing these characters & let Bumblebee & Jazz take the back seat for a while???:mad 

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I tells ya, energon downshift, with just a hint of paint, goes MILES towards being a decent classics wheeljack.

4. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I really hope they revisit the missing '84 and '85 cars before going too deep with '86 movie and later series.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Jazz does get a pretty cool legends class figure though.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Word. I'm perfectly happy with him as is.

Love a Trailbreaker, though.

And much as I dig '84-'85, I really want them to sample from across the years. What about a Classics Metalhawk? Or a Thunderwing?

Those would rock.

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm still working on a Classics Wheeljack (out of Energon Downshift)--as stated above, it works out great.

I'd love to see a good Jazz and Trailbreaker, but again, I could possibly do my own, so I'm not complaining. Once Classics Ironhide finally hits, I'm snagging two of those bitches to create Ratchet. :) 

I'm just happy that we're getting ANY "classics" figures (G1-styled). While I still love the old school stuff, I'm really loving the updated look of the Classics/Universe line.

8. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I would kill for a Classics Wheeljack.

And Classics Insecticons and Perceptor - although thanks to Universe 2.0's REALISM rule this isn't going to happen. WAAAAH

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    and I tell ya'll what else, you want a classics ironhide/ratchet? can't beat the energon towline mold for accuracy. just repaint the sucker instead of paying $200+ for the botcon ones.

10. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I have a custom Ratchet made from a Towline, only cost me $20 bucks :D 

We need a Trailbreaker.... NOW!

11. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

i was thinking about this the other night... they can definitely make a red alert and a smokescreen now because of the new molds. that leaves inferno/grapple, once they make trailbreaker that can be hoist too, then theres skids, tracks, wheeljack, and jazz as the four unique molds left.

I didn't realize the hound they were talking about at Botcon is the same style as classics 2.0. I hate to be a whiny fanboy, but i'm only satisfied with new molds. i do love love love em though. Classics are the best line around and Hound just adds to the juicy goodness.

My preference is that they finish 84 first at least with the 'deluxes' and soundwave with cassettes. next for my tastes would be either to do a good amount of 85 (they can already dip into it with smokescreen/red alert) or skip to well known characters across g1 (japanese g1 characters would be cool too)

Trailbreaker is number one on the list but bring on classics springer and kup! (and ANYTHING else really, i'm game)

12. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    I hope they do all the 84 guys, and then after that I hope they do the 85 guys. The Diaclone cars where always my favorite figures. My biggest hope when Classics started was to get all the Autbot Cars and all the Decepticon Seekers. The Seeker ship has sadly sailed, but I still have hope for the cars.

I think we'll get Jazz and Ratchet last, because they are in animated. They'll have to have those figures off the shelf and not have any repaints of them planned before they'd greenlight those figures. So it could be post TF2 before we see them. Hope it's sooner. I think we'll get Wheeljack and Trailbreaker as part of the 25th line.

I don't like it either. What burns me the most is that it's a self-imposed rule. I'm a writer by trade it would be like me going:

"Hey I have these great character that will really be awesome in this story. But *sigh* I can't use them."

"Why not?"

"Oh there is a rule against it."

"Who came up with that rule?"

"Oh...I did."

Maybe when the TF2 movie line hits we can get some of those guys with those filling the realistic void.

13. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The new Universe Prowl will become Bluestreak and Smokescreen. I'm nearly finished with my Ironhide and Ratchet (from Energon Towline), but I WILL BUY the new Ironhide when it hits. Tracks can be done with a Cybertron Hot Shot.

A "classics-styled" Springer is on the way (Cybertron Evac mold) and I'd love to see a new Kup.

14. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Energon Inferno and Wideload make a great Classics Inferno and Grapplle with a lil bit of paint.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the realism thing went out the window the second they revealed universe dirge and ratbat.

don't worry about it any more. they obviously changed their minds, at least when it comes to repaints.

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Word. I wants me some 1984 love for Autobot cars before skipping to all those heretical post-movie TFs. :) 

And that INCLUDES minibots!

Well, they have to leave some characters for us to kitbash. :) 

For sure... the Towline body is really the most accurate choice for those two... though the van mode itself admittedly doesn't look much like an ambulance.

Though what I was REALLY hoping to see was a toy version inspired by IDW's Ford Transit alt modes. Now those are good ol' fashioned van-formers. Instead we get another permutation of the SUV, and the ubiquitous "SUV-as-ambulance". Getting a bit tired of that.

I agree. I got tired of waiting and started on a bash based on FAB Movie Ironhide of all things. New head, new arms... looks like it's going to work surprisingly well. I hope. :) 

zmog

17. starscreamghost

starscreamghost Well-Known Member

You know we'llbe getting ratchet for sure. Trailbreaker and Wheeljack were mentioned as molds that they were looking into which means we'll get those most likely and that grene lights Hoist. The insecticons are robot hero's already so that means that doing a classics version is very possible since the rh's are making kids familiar with them. They mentioned Arcee as something they "might" be tooling with. That said these are the classics I'd love to see.

Scorponok
    Reflector (doesn't have to be a camera, could be a news van or something. Could be a variant like the marvel figures where one per case has a viewfinder style chest and the others have the spectro/spyglass style)
    Swindle
    RazorClaw
    Blitzwing
    Mindwipe
    Springer (an actual original mold)
    Brawn
    Skids
    Tracks
    Hardhead ( i'm starting to really like this guy bc of the comics and regret selling my complete g1 now)
    Kup

18. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    That's who I use that figure as.

19. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    oh i would give my nutz for a classics wheeljack please hasbro

20. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

DEFINITELY looking forward to a Universe/Classics Wheeljack, hopefully he will be a new mold. He's one of my favorites from the '84 line.

Trailbreaker.. meh. I'd rather he get reissued in Encore.