Minor/Repaint: Classics/Universe Sunstreaker Mod/Change

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jimmynguyen41, Jul 5, 2008.

1. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    So i finally got sunstreak yesterday at my tru's in WA, and i when i opened him and started transforming him without the use of instructions base solely on looking at his pics on the package i thought i recieved him missed packaged or miss assembled, and upon looking at the instructions i realized i was wrong.

the error i thought i had seen was i thought his fist were on the wrong arms so i made the switch there, and then i thought hmm when i transformed him with his head popping up i said something is missing where is his autobot insignia, if you look closely where i labled place repro lable on the pic, its oddly the same shape as an autobot insignia...strange huh? anyways look at the pic and make a judgement.

1. switch the fists
    2. turn the head around
    3. at his shoulder area file those down so they go underneath the front/hood nicely.
    4. get an autobot insignia or hologram and placed there.

btw i know some of you some may think why not put the autobot insignia on the hood, it wont look clean as it will conflict with the other visible autobot insignia. And the new sticker placement is hidden from alt mod so it work perfectly.

comments are always welcome. enjoy.

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    those are cool mods, though I am not impressed with the simplicity it appears to have for the transformation (still looks much like a car to me)

Though I will for sure pick one of these guys up.

Neverless, I like your mods.

3. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    yea they made that mold with two transformations in mind for a later release of sideswipe

4. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i beleive thats what they planned to do with sideswipe anyway

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Yeppers. Thanks for the heads up, though. Good looking out.

6. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i beleive thats what they planned to do with sideswipe anyway just swap his head and u have tiger
    tracks

7. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

As others are saying, they've made the mold for both and you're trying to transform him as Sideswipe probably will be. =)

8. jimmynguyen41

News Credits:
    thanks i think someone already beat me at hasbro i just found this same thing at another board

but thanks!

9. jimmynguyen41

News Credits:
    yeah true but i love your devestator...that rocks....

10. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    That neat! That would make the Counterpunch mod a whole lot more easy!

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Theoretically, perhaps. We've had that discussion a few times before, and the biggest problem you'd need to solve is with the arms - You'd need to work out a way of either switching the left and right arms when changing from one robot to the other, or having two sets of arms - a left and right on each side. Neither would be easy. Plus you'd need to either find space for two heads, or redesign one so it could have two faces, like the G1 version.

12. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    Not so, actually :) 

Yes, the head is a problem, but all you have to do to the arms is pop out and swap the fists. I messed around with mine yesterday, swapping arm parts, and finally realized it's not necessary (remember the Sunstreaker animation model has the red on the shoulders, but Sideswipe's are a single color).

Here's some bad-lighting pics of my almost-Tigertrack figure, showing the positioning for Sideswipe: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/MB3-DeeJay/Transformers/Classics/

I love this mold so much, in person. All the pics do it about 15% justice. I think I have to get 6 more, in case Hasbro decides to skip any one of Red Alert, Clampdown, Deep Cover, G2 Sideswipe, Diaclone red Sunstreaker, Police-type Sunstreaker, and (for whatever reason, a black Sunstreaker). Okay, 7. Oh wait! Dead End, both G1 and G2! *glee*

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    true, but that's "cheating". *L*

14. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    Only until Hasbro releases Sideswipe ;) 

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    no, cause you'd still be having to pop the arms and swap them to change between the two robot modes.

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Exactly. For Punch to change into Counterpunch, he'd have to physically remove his arms and swap them, which doesn't seem entirely sensible... :p 

17. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    Okay, I think I found the thread you guys are talking about ( http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-cus...ash-164171/?catid=searchresults&searchid=4709 , right? ). But I'm still missing something.

When they release the Sideswipe version, you know that due to the arm design, the ONLY thing they will change is swapping the fists, not the entire arms, right? The upper and lower arm sections are fully functional in either orientation.

If you're talking about changing the shoulder design entirely for the custom, then that's what I missed.

18. REDLINE

News Credits:
    when I finally get around to mine, I will have 2 sets of arms, so there is no parts-forming. Figuring everything out has been a huge headache, as I want no parts-forming, and I also want the two robot modes to be as different as possible. And that means, not seeing the other robot when you look at him from behind. *L*

Still waiting on Ramrider's drawing skills for that one ;) 

19. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    Well sure, but a robot becoming a functional, FAMILIAR vehicle doesn't seem entirely sensible. [Bob Marley voice]I thought we were all just goin' with the flow, man!

hehe. As long as you don't obliterate the basic robot mode transformation, I'm interested in what you turn out :) 

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I was fiddling with my SS last night and I think I came up with a pretty simple system for creating two "different" bot modes with no parts-forming.

Basically, you'd keep one mode as his normal transformation and for the other, you'djust have to bend his arms the other way, putting the doors on the back of his arms instead of the side. And for the legs you'd just turn them to the side, like you were folding him into car mode, so the Trunk of the car faces out and the wheel are on the side. Add in a few paint aps, new "double sided" hands and a BW-ish head with two faces and he'd make a great Punch/Counterpunch, at least imo.