Minor/Repaint: Classics/Universe Sunstorm

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Jan 18, 2009.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

When I first got a hold of Universe (2008) Starscream, I knew that eventually I would painting wither it or my Classics Starscream into Sunstorm. When I compared the two, the paint scheme on the Universe one was so incredibly bland that I decided that would be the one I would repaint.

I think I've heard it mentioned on TFW2005 several times that Sunstorm should be orange. While I do have orange paint, the Classics seeker mold features so much joint rubbing in it's transformation and articulation that it simply meant more sense to me to use my better bonding yellow acrylics. Even then, there's so much rubbing with this figure that I'm going to have to keep transforming down to a minimum with him. Oh well.

Attached Files:

2. sentinalsupreme

sentinalsupreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im a major fan of sunstorm good job

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice and bright. As for the rubbing you need to disassemble the figure and lightly sand the areas that rub to give the new paint clearance. I had that problem with my first seeker repaint, but have not had a rubbing problem on my second.

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Thanks for reviewing. I never even thought about sanding down parts to minimize the rubbing. I've got to remember that for next time.