Minor/Repaint: Classics/Universe R.I.D. Scourge FINISHED!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by payton34, May 31, 2009.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FINALLY, this thing is finished! Okay, I started out with a Shadow Commander set but it was too much of a carbon-copy of the Magnus/City Commander armor, so I wanted it to be a bit different.

So I decided to model it after R.I.D. Scourge:

[​IMG]

I used a red sharpie to color the cab windows red, then used a silver sharpie to touch up the grill, as well as adding some additional panel-lining along the side of the trailer (I did a bit of a silver wash on the top of the trailer as well). I also used some generic Decepticon reprolabels on the sides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next, I took the Nemesis Prime base figure and painted his upper legs a gunmetal-gray color, and highlighted some parts in teal:

[​IMG]

I used one of those custom Nemesis Prime heads that were made from the guys at the sgcollect forums. Next, I used a Cybertron Cyber Planet key, painted it so the colors would match, and used it as a new chestplate. Then I took a few Faber-Castell artist pens and cut the bottoms off, and used those for the cylindrical pieces on the upper shoulder:

[​IMG]

I got a couple of custom shoulder launchers from Ptitvite and painted them, then I took two of the smokestack/guns and combined them into an uber-weapon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It took a while, but I think it was worth it. Whatcha think??

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats pretty damn cool! Nice work.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Overall, I think you did some really nice work! :thumb 

I think it was pointed out previously about the Planet Key. That's the one detail that I think is just completely out of place. Your panel lining looks really nice on the thighs, but why stop there? I think it's a bit stark only in that place in robot mode, but I think if you continue it throughout the whole robot, you'll have a winner! Also, your silver wash on the trailer is a really nice touch!

Thanks for sharing! It looks like you're really having fun with this one! :thumb 

4. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks awesome?, are you missing the truck windvane?

5. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

dont be givin fansproject any ideas now....but hell if they came out with this i'd buy it also....NICE WORK!!!!!......

6. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have it, but we're in the process of moving and it's with a batch that's already at the new house.