Customs: Classics/Universe Overlord ideas: 122708

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by QmTablit, Dec 27, 2008.

1. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

So, this guy's got two things going for him as far as the want factor goes: Part of him is the best military aircraft ever, the SR-71 Blackbird. And he's a Decepticon, which is severly lacking in the line.

I've stated before that I'm more than willing to lose the base mode, mostly because it would take away from the overall look of the final figure, and I'd have it displayed in combined bot-mode anyway.

But as far as ideas that I've got running around so far for how to make this work, I'm pretty much at a loss. I've got basics, but that's about it.

What I'm thinking is to reshell (or really, shell) the Ultra Uni2.0 Silverbolt with a SR-71 model kit. I've got a 1:72 scale snap-tite kit, I think it's 1:72 at least, it's about a foot or so long.

That's the clear and easy part. I'm clueless on what to do for the legs. Some ideas that have passed through the ears have been using two Deluxe Classics Megatrons or even Galvatrons, each being a leg. Or maybe even the Crossovers Hulk tank, though I'd be lost on how to split the thing in two.

Comments, idea-sharing, and suggestions PLEASE!

Just realized I forgot to mention what I was thinking for a head. Short and simply really- another Cybertron Starscream head, but I want a Voyager class figure's head. Like the two-pack Dirge or something. And some gun barrels for the horns.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Don't you mean Overlord?

And didn't TFMaster use an RID Magnus for his?

3. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some real potential for making a great aircraft as to often its the robot legs that end up bulking up the jet mode.

The tank I'm stumped on. Maybe 2 Classic Astrotrains really heavilly modded probably in train modes as they need to be tight up against each other. With the turret split down the middle and each half attached using the spaceship wings. I think that would have ok proportions to the Silverbolt mode if you where using them as legs. Alternatively you could have Silverbolt keep his legs and and use the two astrotrains to make a tank that transforms into the two Godmaster engines whatever it is they were called.

4. QmTablit

That's not a bad idea. I might have to end up bashing three, maybe 4 bots together for this. Damn Gigatank (or was that Mega?).

I did. Fixed it.

Don't know about anyone else going for an Overlord yet, haven't exactly searched. I'll try that now.

Edit: I checked. He made a Masterpiece style Overlord using Overlord's actual torso and RID Maggie for the arms.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I have my own ideas for a full-blown Classics Overlord, but I don't want to share them until I have something to already show for them, ya know?

6. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

i liked the energon megatron turned into him

7. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the idea i had was to use tidalwave, change the legs to look like a tank and then modify the other two pieces to look like a jet

8. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    TFMaster was making a MP Overlord combining MP and vintage pieces, dunno if he ever finished it though

However, he also made another Overlord, with Armada Megatron as the base, with a RiD Ultra Magnus head and G2 Smokescreen/BW2 Starscream as his jet IIRC

9. QmTablit

LOL guys, I think I'm pretty set on making the Megajet a Blackbird. And I think I've got what I'm going to do for the Gigatank, going along with Bogatan's suggestion, I'm thinking two modded Octanes could make a pretty decent tank with some added missle packs and a turret from somewhere.

If anyone's got more ideas or suggestions, keep 'em coming. I don't plan on starting on this project for some time, so there's always room for growth.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    what do you need 2 octanes for? That seems overly complicated to me. The route I'm going is more similar to what TFM did, 'cept I'll still have the base mode and the articulation both.

11. AE Overlord

AE Overlord AE Legend

Ebay:
    I had considered using a MachineWars Starscream for the upperbody and using a standard toy tank with some leg attachments hidden inside. I would really like to do it, but i can't bring myself to chop up ol' Starscream. Still, might be a starting idea for someone else.