Minor/Repaint: Classics/Universe Laserbeak

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by QmTablit, Feb 20, 2009.

1. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Classics/Universe Laserbeak *022109 Update*

022109 - 2:54pm PST
    Ditched the forelegs as guns thing and went into my Bag O' Goodies to see what I could use. And I found Bluestreak's shoulder cannons that would work as Laserbeak's rocket backpack, and 2-pack Prime's smokestacks that work PERFECTLY as the laser cannons.

Haven't gotten to beaking up the beak and shaving the wingtips yet, and I probably should have done that before attaching the rockets/blasters on, but I was too anxious.

[​IMG]

022009 - 2:44am PST
    Out of a Ravage.

Only downside is that unfortunately I can't work it so that it can transform back into a cassette.

How'd I do this? Basically, I:

- flipped the head upside-down

- popped the hind legs off at the hips and the forelegs at the "knee."

- replaced the hind legs on the knee point, and the forelegs into the cassette holes to become the back-mounted laser guns

I'll be slimming down Ravage's beak into Laserbeak's beak, thinning the wingtips some, adding detail with my dremel to give him talons, and likely add something onto the back- something else for the guns to attach to and give Laserbeak a tail. Then of course paint.

Don't mind Ravage's tail there, I'm just using it to hold the figure up. I'll be removing that later and turning it into feathery eyebrow things.

Yup.

I was bored and I had it there as I opened a Hound which will be going into becoming Brawn. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Great idea,nice how the legs become the weapons.
    Looking at some of the pics one could probobly make Ratbat out of Ravage too.

3. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    as it is now I see what you are doing, but it just looks like a folded up dog.
    Are you planning on sculpting and modding some? It is a great idea, just needs a little more execution.

4. Lintlizard

Lintlizard Active Member

Actually, it looks more like Ratbat to me anyway; Ravage's head doesn't look all that birdlike. Cool custom, though :D 

5. QmTablit

Yeah... I'm not done yet. From my original post:

6. QmTablit

Ditched the forelegs as guns thing and went into my Bag O' Goodies to see what I could use. And I found Bluestreak's shoulder cannons that would work as Laserbeak's rocket backpack, and 2-pack Prime's smokestacks that work PERFECTLY as the laser cannons.

Haven't gotten to beaking up the beak and shaving the wingtips yet, and I probably should have done that before attaching the rockets/blasters on, but I was too anxious.

[​IMG]

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow, this is great! I already have a mod for this mold myself, but I'm going to have to copy your design here for 2 more. great idea!

8. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Nice!

I'm thinking of getting another U Hound to chrome some parts on him and do something cool with Ravage, like making him the blue cobalt cassette.

Nice work!

9. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Ravage could be made into a good Laserbeak, guess I was right. :D  Great job so far!

10. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Love what you've done here my man! :thumbs2: You have done what many of us were thinking! Great job, and extra points for the backpack and weapons! I never even thought of that on mine!:bowdown: 

11. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I think if you remove the lower jaw/mouth and the molded teeth on the upper mouth and sand down the sides some of the upper mouth and paint it yellow or gold (Your choice) you could have a working laserbeak head Or, if you feeling really creative get one of the Real gear mp3 players (Booster x-10 or Nightbeat x-7) from the movie (Toys R Us has them on clearence) you can get a bird like head and plus some legs for your laserbeak to stand on.

12. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I really like what you've done here, man. As soon as I got Ravage, I saw the potential for a Laserbeak, so when I picked up a second, I did just that. I never completed mods on it, but I did the basic concept for my own version back on Dec. 24th and had it posted up at S70. I think it's cool to see that others noticed this also and have set out to do Laserbeak. I plan to to do some modding to mine and cut off the bottom jaw and add G1 missiles/lasers.

Here's a link to the original post and links to two images of my own take on it:

Combaticons/Bruticus.....and Laserbeak?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. QmTablit

Thanks everyone for the compliments, and I appreciate the suggestions.

Wish I could spend anything for parts, but I really can't at the moment. I'm just kind of working by necessity with whatever scraps and junkers I have.

Hope to get the modding done soon, but I might save the painting for when I get Arcee put together. Just paint them up at one time.

But yeah, expect an update in the next few nights.

14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Brilliant. A true kit bash!

15. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is pretty darned cool. You, Hxc, and BH have officially convinced me to do this to my own Ravage....

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I need to tinker with this. I want to make sure you can "flap" his "wings". I can chop up the head and neck to add joints there so that area is fully articulated, but I'm thinking I only want to do this if the wings can be as well, or it's a moot venture. Ravage is a great upgrade since it finally makes him "3D", but Laserbeak already was, so to me detailing and articulation would be his upgrade.