Classics/ Universe Ironhide's bio

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AniProwl, Aug 13, 2008.

1. defstar

defstar Autobot...

He looks very nice...though the light blue doesn't go well with the red imo...

2. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

Yeah, that definitely could use some paint. But they managed Sunstreaker's rims. What's up with that?

Yeah, the windows kind of suck. Though I almost want to paint him entirely black, just so in alt mode all those lines don't show up. But I want him to be G1 and not 2007 Movie colored, so that won't happen.

The sad thing, is I like the details in his chest in bot mode, so painting over all the windows (for consistency) would remove that. Maybe I'll leave the front windows, and just paint the back ones. Hmmm.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't think his chest is formed from his front windows.

4. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    It isn't. It's formed from the trunk.

I actually found it pretty darn clever just how it was done when I fiddled with him at TFCon - I like how when you slide the chest into place the Autobot symbol shows up behind it.

5. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

Interesting, I guess I should pay more attention :) 

Hmm, I wonder how it would look for just his back windows to be unpainted. It would also hide the internal kibble on the front. Probably really best to use like a clear black to tint it. Hmmm...

6. General Tekno

News Credits:
    I still can't believe they're using that horrid Sideswipe photo though, sadly.

I mean... it's not well-transformed. They took a great looking figure and made it look bad.

7. newguy

newguy i

i wonder if he will have automorph tech in his legs like movie ironhide. Ironhide is the best.

8. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

there's a few things I don't care for, like the light blue windows, I don't think they should have painted those, but just left them transparent like the front and side windows. And the zig zag lines along the side of the vehicle mode are kind of an eyesore, but other then that, he's awesome, and will be staying in robot mode anyways.

I might still try to remove the blue off the windows, or paint them black or something.

I'll be taking the silver sharpie to the rims as well

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    With all the questions about his transformation, I thought I'd repost the link to his instructions on hasbro's web site. :) 

10. General Tekno

News Credits:
    They wouldn't have been able to make the blue windows transparent.

Well, let me rephrase that - they could, but it would mean a LOT of red paint. And then, we'd have the same people whining about how Hasbro sucks because the paint doesn't match up to the plastic, or something like that.

And, on further observation... clear windows is NOT practical on that location. For one, those joints are THICK, and for two they're structurally important. If there were clear windows, it would jeopardize the plastic strength.

Finally, as for the blue windows... well, black WOULD look better in vehicle mode, sure - but then he wouldn't have that blue chest, would he? And we'd have people whining about that too.

11. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He did, in the original "More than meets the eye" movie. See the scene where he's being taken to the Ark after being shot down by Skywarp ^^

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Really good bio, imo. It's nice to read a bio about a bot with some war experience. Can't wait to read what they come up for Ratchet.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe, but Ironhide was the oldest FIRST! ;) 

14. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Wheee, he's almost here! Just a lil longer to FINALLY have an Ironhide with a head, and poseability to join the autobot ranks with Prahme and company.

I'm so giddy with anticipation now!

Now just need Ratchet, WheelJack, Red Alert, Kup, and Hound.
    Well one of 5 coming isn't bad.

You know, they almost could do a semi decent Kup from this mold with a new head and in Blue. But hopefully we'll get a blue rendition as skids, and new mold as Kup.

Maybe they should go for 3 retools per autobot mold? Ironhide to ratchet to skids. Sunstreaker to Wheeljack, Sideswipe to red alert. (Okay that's 4 for that mold but hey, it has a switchable body and shoulder canons!) Prowl to silverstreak to smokescreen to Ricochet. (Another 4 tweakable one, maybe more.)

Heh, they could resell ironhide in a 3 pack later with ratchet and skids, and call it the 'Freedom Fighters' or something. Ironhide (red), Ratchet (white), Skids(blue)! Could sell pretty well around fourth of july stateside! And heck, they're all SUVs, and we all know how americans love SUVs... (Tax write offs -_-)

15. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

Hmmm, maybe I'll just have to paint the windows a blue that better matches instead. That light blue just seems not to match at all. I'll have to see him in person before I decide for sure, or course. I think a darker, maybe slightly purplish tint would help. Of course, repainting the windows about any color should help, as painting in the gaps will help reduce the shattered window look.

16. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

My biggest worrys are not about the windows, although I think someother color would have looked better....my biggest concern is that his face is not that pale blue color....as that stock photo from a long time ago sucked..his windows in his chest looked too pale blue as did his face.

17. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    People are putting waaaaaaaay too much thought into his bio...more than Hasbro did.

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    can't wait for him and Ratchet! I actually didn't know his gun converted to a sword and back. huh.

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ironhide is bought, no questions asked....Ratchet as well.:thumbs2: 

20. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

My only complaint are the thighs. They look horrible. I hate the movie aesthetic being used in the classics line.