Heavy/Scratch: Classics/Universe IDW Fort Max

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Unicron9, Sep 22, 2012.

1. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Don't worry mate all in due time..
    See the customer already wants V2
    Heheh so get 2 it ;) 

2. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    damn i like it

3. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

Great work, he looks great !!!

4. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This really does look great man. Transformation or not it is just a brilliant custom.

5. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Just wanted to add, there is absolutely no way I could ever do a custom this clean. I just wanted to add ideas for the people who may try to do one for themselves. Sorry if it came across like I was saying "it's no good", that's not what I meant.

6. PredaconTheKing

PredaconTheKing Predacon Grand Emporor

Very Awesome IDW For Max!

this inspires me to tackle this kind of project, to make a transforming IDW Fort Max.

regardless if your transformers or not (I know it dosent) its one amazing "Action Master" IDW Fort Max!!! Well Done!

7. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

I know, heh. It was a lot of work and I achieved what I was asked to do, so it kinda blows to hear several comments on what it should have done and been. I do totally get it though. I myself have always been one who stands by the idea that a transformers really should transform. It simply could not happen with this guy. I'll explain why I think that below...

Thanks!
    I'd really love to see it, because although I know it can be done, it don't see the robot mode looking nearly accurate to the comics. I put a lot of thought into it and simply couldn't think of a way that would do the character real justice.
    Closest bot to having a tank mode and a bot mode somewhat similar to IDW Fort max is Armada Megatron/Galvatron as far as I know. His articulation and even the tank mode is horrible though IMO. To make him look like the comics Fort Max, many things needed to be changed drastically, and each of those things killed the transformation.
    Moving the shoulder treads to his back kills hiding the arms away.
    Adding protruding big knees would hit the turret in tank mode.
    Removing the turret kills a tank mode unless he is a parts former.
    Adding to the chest makes the chest lay on the ground in a tank mode, and not the treads.
    Bulking up the torso sides kills any room for the legs to fold in for a tank mode.

The IDW Fort Max is basically a comic-stylized version of the G1 character, but with 4 treads thrown on his back to tell us he has a tank mode. Other than that, there isn't one single tank detail on him. If there was even a way to make those treads move and lock into a position that could make a decent folded up chunk with treads, I could just have a port on top to attach his gun and have a passable cybertronian tank mode. With where the treads are though, I couldn't.
    I can maybe see someone who is a master scratch builder like Encline building one that is comic accurate with a nice tank mode, but it would cost a lot more than what I charged to make this.
    But this was exactly what I was hired to make anyway.

8. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

Its impressive, besides there are several companies (Like Palisades) that make NON-Transforming articulated transformers that fans buy up in droves. No biggie on this one.

Your right, the ONLY way to see a tank mode is the treads. other than that, you cant tell what he transforms into. If yo ulook closely at the IDW comics, it looks like e is a cross hybrid of is old citty mode (legs) and a new torso with tank tracks on the back.

Cant wait to put this on my shelf though brother. It rocks!

9. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Hey, I was wondering: since the lower legs come from Energon Shockblast, did you do anything with the pannels that open on the inner leg area? Or are they now permanently closed?

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

You know, despite its lack of an alt mode, this remains an impressive piece.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    impressive

12. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Yep, permaclosed.

13. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

I received this in the mail today. Its just plain...AWESOME! Looks great! TJ did an AMAZING job on it. I HIGHLY reccomend him! Thanks bother, your a heck of a customizer.