Minor/Repaint: Classics/Universe Combaticons

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by QmTablit, Mar 5, 2009.

1. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

And so after 5 months, I've progressed... very little. Been busy. Sorry.

I've been doing something though, and that's been rounding up the other Combaticons.

Little work has been done so far. Mostly it's just me tinkering and playing to see what I can get to work.

[​IMG]

The mold choices aren't exactly ground breaking (except maybe for Onslaught... you'll see, I'll make it work), and there's still plenty to be done to them. I'm still looking for a Vortex mold. The RotF Vortex is going to be a bit on the small side, so I may just go nab a TRU Whirl. I don't know. Still have to think about it.

[​IMG]

Swindle nabbed this off of Inferno. Profit? No. This one's for fun.

As always, comments are more than welcome. Thanks to looking through my stuff, as patient as you may have to be to see me get through a project. LOL

Be back in a little bit with a quick update on Brawl.

- Here's that Brawl.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Very cool! I noticed that might be possible with this mold, but I decided to keep my WIP a little different (might even be changing up what I've already shown--just not sure yet).

My only questions are what does it look like in alt mode? Also, what do you plan to do with the front grill? (put it back in for the alt mode? or are you planning something different entirely?) The only thing I don't really like is the way the tires sit on top of the shoulders (it's not your fault though--just the way the mold transforms as-is). Regardless, I like what you've done here, bro! Keep up the great work.

3. QmTablit

Thanks. It's actually exactly the same, just without the front bumper & brushguard. Took some quick photos for the heck of it.

I'm going to cut off the small grill part of that black piece to glue back onto the front of the jeep, and try to use the rest as a gun mount hopefully using those Ravage pegs.

No clue about the brushguard yet.

Attached Files:

4. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Hmm...not bad. Not bad at all! It's amazing how many different things people can do with this mold!

5. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

if you want to cover the hands/arms showing at the front it might be possible to put some details on the back of the hands to make itlook like the piece you removed or attach it to one of the arms with a few hinges so that it swings infornt of them. with one arm haveing that and possibly another with an arm cannon it would look less like hound. however it all depends on how much you want to do with tis guy. it looks great so far though are you going to try and raise the head a bit? it looks a little bit sunk in the chest.

6. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

If you're going to use him in bruticus, maybe you can find some way to replace the brush-guard/grill with something removable that can then serve as Bruticus' foot? :p 

I'm asking too much, I know. But I like pushing people to reach for the stars!

7. QmTablit

If I were planning on making a Bruticus, a Bruticus foot would be connecting to Swindle's feet, and the knee joint would be somewhere around his head. Kind of like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I'm not planning on making a Bruticus. Not right now at least.

Attached Files:

8. QmTablit

And so after 5 months, I've progressed... very little. Been busy. Sorry.

I've been doing something though, and that's been rounding up the other Combaticons.

Little work has been done so far. Mostly it's just me tinkering and playing to see what I can get to work.

[​IMG]

The mold choices aren't exactly ground breaking (except maybe for Onslaught... you'll see, I'll make it work), and there's still plenty to be done to them. I'm still looking for a Vortex mold. The RotF Vortex is going to be a bit on the small side, so I may just go nab a TRU Whirl. I don't know. Still have to think about it.

[​IMG]

Swindle nabbed this off of Inferno. Profit? No. This one's for fun.

As always, comments are more than welcome. Thanks to looking through my stuff, as patient as you may have to be to see me get through a project. LOL

Be back in a little bit with a quick update on Brawl.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice! I have Henkei Astrotrain and the classics. I keep thinking I should sell my classics but then I keep seeing this and then I want to keep him to maybe try making the combaticons.

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    What's that blue figure?

11. QmTablit

That's pretty much exactly what I did. I bought the Henkei and finally took the Classics down and he was then re-designated "Blast-Off."
    Cybertron Mudflap. Same mold as the Movie-1 Mudflap, or "Classics Erector" as some have put it. I think it was a Toys R Us exclusive repaint.

12. QmTablit

- Here's that Brawl.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

You could maybe try Blazemaster for Vortex?

14. QmTablit

I don't think a civilian helicopter fits "Combaticon" much. Toys R Us Whirl might be my best bet.

15. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sounds interesting. I can't wait to see the end result...

16. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

hey man i look forward to seeing ur take on the combaticons, all hail bruticus lol, but seriously i love seeing other ppls take on the big guy, it helps alot to see wat can be done

17. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

yep sure was...i didnt get him!! :banghead:  :cry 

18. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

19. QmTablit

An Osprey wouldn't be too bad. Wasn't that figure a Voyager though? Also, there'd have to be some work done to lose the movie aesthetic from the figure.

I'm starting to think I just may have to some real heavy bashing and a re-shell to get a good Vortex.

20. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    i will be watching this as i wanted to do something very close to it.