Classics/Universe Ancients?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Anyone adding Ancients, The Original 13 Transformers, to their collection? If so who are you using?

Here's my list:

Vector Prime from Cybertron Galaxy Force

The Fallen from ROTF

Universe Overload if he looks good enough

Jhiaxus from the RiD line

Dark Crumplezone as someone

Leader Class Movie Megatron to use as Thunderwing

Energon Sharkticon as someone

Energon Omega Supreme, unless they release a Universe 2.0 Version of him

Maybe Star Saber and Victory Leo as Brothers

Universe 2.0 Dirge as someone

I consider ones like Alpha Trion and Prima to be dead, also Alpha Trion has the same mold as Vector Prime and I don't want clashing molds.

So tell us your list of Ancients.

2. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Why do you consider Alpha Trion dead? Because he merged with Vector Sigma? I think of him as someone who can return and seperate at will but then who knows?

3. Metal Chaos

News Credits:

Because I don't feel like spending a ton of cash for his Botcon mold, I could get the vector sigma display kit and use it for him and Vector Sigma :p 

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Yeah his Botcon toy is a bit much. Don't blame you there and that Vector Sigma would work just fine.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

You could try converting a Titanium Scourge if you did fancy an Alpha...

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Dunno about Ancients, but it'd be awesome if they did a Classics Last Autobot.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

They pretty much did. Remember Vector Prime?

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Does no one else have a list?

Mines actually full, has all 13. 11 figs and it mentions 2 who are dead/gone. Prima died and passed on the matrix and Alpha Trion merged with Vector Sigma and died or something cuz he was in the matrix later.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

So you're also considering Star Sabre and Victory Leo as members of the Thirteen as well? Or are you using them as stand-ins for actual originals?

I never really thought about adding the Thirteen to my collection, to be honest. But if I did, I'd start with a look at the TFWiki to see who's already in and possibly in:

Definite members:
    Prima (I actually have no idea how I'd handle this, as there's not really any proper depictions of him to determine what he looks like - I'd have to completely wing it)
    the Fallen (were I to have a Fallen, I'd probably either wait to see what ROFL turns up, or take a leaf out of AX23's book and kitbash Universe Onslaught)
    Vector Prime
    the TFCC exclusive combiner (Rather than get the exclusives, I'd probably go for a solid-colour repaint of the equivalent figures)

Possible members:
    Liege Maximo (not a clue; to be honest if I were to even try him, I'd probably knock him up out of Bionicle bits... :p )
    the Last Autobot (I dunno. I'm not even sure if he's not Vector Prime...)
    Maccadam
    Alpha Trion (probably either a heavy Vector Prime kitbash, to distinguish the two, or a Tit Scourge one)
    Boltax

I dunno, there's so little known about the Thirteen, and there's not even enough likely candidates (yet) to make up the full list, so at least there's a lot of scope for making up your own characters.

On the other hand, there's a bunch of material coming up soon from IDW (and IIRC, Hasbro are looking at some Thirteen-based figures, though I may be on a wrong'un there), so if you do plan to make up a figure collection based on them, you might do well to wait till the comic series is out to see what that comes up with.

10. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I was planning to wait on the comic but those were my ideas so far.

As of this moment the only ones I plan to use as ancients are GF Vector Prime and Universe Dirge.