Customs: Classics Ultra Magnus WIP (NOT THE SAME AS THE OTHERS!! DIFFERENT IDEAS&EVERYTHING!)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DanoMcKenna, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very cool imo, nice job!

2. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

Wow, thanks guys, all this love and I'm not even building a 4 foot tall metroplex! :p 

Anyway, yeah, thanks again for all the responses, I'm having a little bit of trouble getting the new arm transformation to work, but he should be finished and new pics should be up by this weekend.

3. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Awesome idea, and turning out very nicely!

4. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

Wow, this is Sweeeeeet!

I was just about to post a thread asking if everybody else was as tired as me of Ultra Magnuses (Magnai?) coming out and just being repaints of Prime, but with your paint scheme here and the sculpey face, I'll instead just say that it is just the UM's in stores that suck, but yours rules! Very nice!

5. Csolowalt

Csolowalt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the inspiration

Thanks for the idea. I used your pictures and a picture of U.M. from the cartoon. I Used a powder blue and regular red sharpie to color the wanted areas. Doesn't look as nice as the paint jobs I've seen on here- but comes out nice all right- and I havn't had any of the marker coming off. I want to go over it with a second coat to make it more uniform and darker. From a distance the powder blue marker matches the color of the blue plastic. here's a few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I noticed you used Testor's paint. Is it enamel or acrylic? What are the color names/numbers? Is there any wear or chipping or scratching during transformation?

Look at the G1 toy...without the trailer armor, he is just a white Optimus Prime. The blue and red is his trailer attached to him.

7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Very nice, my man. All hail Magnus!!!

8. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

G1 Ultra Magnus cartoon version was never shown without armor therefore, armor was permanent part of his body. So I to am very fed up of white OP repaints. This work is refreshing! I like the color scheme!

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Absolutely, people have let the G1 toy having a white Prime cab dictate way too much about UM's character, he's become nothing but a Prime clone when he was never meant as that.

10. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I agree, it's nice to see an amalgam of of G1 and current themes. It looks great.

11. CheechDaddy

CheechDaddy Totally Has the Touch

Ebay:
    I'm looking to do something pretty similar to this. Can you remove the cab wing things and still have it turn into the truck ala wingless classics megs?