Minor/Repaint: classics turbomasters Part 1: Flash (Aaahaaarr) 85% complete

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rotorstorm, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    classics turbomasters Part 1: Flash 99% complete

I lucked out today and managed to score another classics Silverstreak so thought, why not

he is painted using plastikote fast dry enamel metallic red. the red has been applied twice in most areas but i am finding the black will need three coats.

I have not yet mixed the purple for these guys but i intend to mix it tomorrow from Revell numbers 34 ligh blue and 50 light blue

I have also discovered the ironhide i wrecked yesterday is salvageable and shall use it for scorch once sanded down and joints are tightened.

I currently just need to get another sideswipe or think of an alternative figure for hurricane

*Updated at the end of the page*

Attached Files:

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

how do you find the use of plasti-cote vs other paints, have seen it in the hardware shops down my way. Horray for progress!!

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's difficult to use as it dries very quickly, if time is taken to sand down between coats and the paint is regularly stirred it can give a good finish. I only use them because I love the metallic red colour they released. That's the potted stuff anyway, I used the white on my wheeljack and was very impressed with it, we'll see what I think of it once i've sprayed Ironhide/scorch with it.

With the paint drying quickly it's possible to apply several coats within a few hours, he's currently sanded again awaiting his third coat, which he shall receive tomorrow morning.

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picture added showing the red and the pink

I have remembered why I have not used this pink for other projects. It is horrible stuff to work with, it does not give a consistent coat, the metal filament does not mix with with colour aspect and it does not like sticking to plastic. I never expected shitty paint from humbrol but there you go. after touching up some of the red, (the pink leaked through the masking on his roof) i'll mix the purple for use on this guy and the other turbomasters

EDIT The purple is mixed and applied to flash and the heads for Rotorstorm and Scorch, I'm very pleased with the mix, it looks right

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    put him back together again to see how he looks, I think he's almost there, Red needs another coat in some places (roof and front where pink paint ran) a bit of gold in places to break it all up and redoing the pink on his false headlights and I'll call him done

I'm not sure about putting the eagle on the front but am unsure of alternatives.

Any ideas?

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I finally got around to doing some more on this guy earlier, mixed some hot pink for the windows and lights (if there's any left at the end of all this I'll make an energon Gaihawk using it) all i think he needs are some gold detailing on the side and something on the hood, not sure what yet though.

Attached Files: