Minor/Repaint: Classics Tracks

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by gargunkle, Oct 15, 2009.

1. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I make no claim that this is the first one of these, just that it is mine. :) 

I had a spare Cybertron Hot Shot from an ebay lot so I decided to try this. Overall I am pleased with the results. I would like something to break up all the dark color but I am not sure what. It would be nice to get some sort of actual Tracks type hood but I'm not sure what to do there either.

The figure was dyed with blue Rit clothing dye. I did not expect the doors to come out so different... that's basically the result of the doors being painted translucent yellow while the body is actual blue plastic. Oh well. I do like how the head and wings came out.

Attached Files:

2. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

the heads looks good, for my classic tracks i filled in the hood with milliput and have got stepper decals from primusx1 (flames and bot symbols), still not got them on yet though

3. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    good idea, good choice of mold for tracks,
    how clean is the dye? does it scratch off easy?

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

This is actually why I prefer dye (when it will work for one's intentions) over paint. It goes right into the plastic and will under no circumstances scratch off (or similar). After dyeing a figure, I rinse it off in tap water so that any excess surface dye is removed. The toy won't stain your hands at all when you handle it (after it dries).