Heavy/Scratch: Classics Tidal Wave! The Dark Fleet Sets Sail!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by big hank, Apr 5, 2009.

1. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    DAMN.

This is looking great so far, big hank. I gotta give you props for going THIS BIG. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of this--you have some pretty sweet ideas, man.

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Thank you sir! I wanted originally to also make Raiden with the "train" halves, but alas, I'll need the big joints for TW's upper body/arms! :thumbs2: 

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:

4. big hank

News Credits:
    It's here! It's Here! :D  It's FREAKING HUGE!!!!:eek: 

Got the carrier today! Man oh man am I excited now! It may actually be too big, but I'm goin' for it!!:rock  Check it out!

[​IMG]

Packed with features, man this thing does not disappoint! First off the steam catapults raise and lower! There's a couple buttons behind them, not sure what they do yet!

[​IMG]

There's two elevators! Push them down and the button makes the platform come back up automatically. Not fast though, actually nice and smooth operation. Here's the first one.

[​IMG]

Here's the second elevator, works just the same!

[​IMG]

The three white buttons behind it activate 1. Jets taking off and flying sounds, 2. a nother type of sound I haven't identified yet AND light effects in the tower, and 3. radar pings, and get this, the radar dish rotates when you push the button! Too cool! I will do everything possible to retain all these features!

There's a storage compartment, pretty much have to do away with that. The tower is nicely detailed, not to mention the lights and motion effects!

[​IMG]

The back section lifts up to reveal controls!! You can drive the dang thing! Also you can activate both radar dishes and some more sounds! Bottom shot shows the wheels and steering!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I reeeee heeee heeeally want to work in the remote control aspect of this now. I just gotta! And I was worried about the weight, but this thing is surprisingly light for its size!

Thanks for all the love guys, now I'm totally stoked to get this thing off the ground. And thanks for the feedback Autobot Burnout, I will take it all under advisement! Hopefully I'll get to crack into it this weekend!!:drool: 

5. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    You're welcome for the suggestions, bh!:thumbs2:  Oh, BTW:

Good grief that thing is feaking HUGE!!!:jawdropper: 

How much did that thing cost?!? That thing is loaded with more whiz-bang effects than a Unicron figure!

But you may still be able to use it with all electrical gimmicks intact, provided that (from what I can see):
    -The control panel, should you shoose to keep it, is kept wired to the systems it's connected to, like the turning and power drives. This may require some rewiring, but if lucky the system shold be isolated.
    -The elevator units are also isolated systems, as you could probably have one on each arm and use them to store half the mini-con squad in one arm and the rest in the other. You may need to independently wire individual battery packs if they don't have them already.
    -You give this completed figure to me free of charge (okay, not really:lol )

Also, a question and a comment: You def. should go for the headmaster idea, considering what little space you have in that monster of a toy is premium, a seperate ship will be a godsend no doubt, and if you don't sell this on eBay, where the heck are you gonna store this thing?!?

6. big hank

News Credits:
    Best part of it all is I won it for 12 bucks and 11 bucks shipping! :thumbs2: 

It's really just a matter of real estate! I am an industrial technician by trade, so I can handle the electronics, just need the room!:thumbs2: 

:scalper 

Looking at the hull and plotting the figure out, I may end up going this route. Just need to get the Headmaster to look like Classic Tidal Wave!

I'm gonna buckle him up in the passenger seat of the car. That way I can ride in the carpool lane!:lol 

Here's a couple of fun pics, really puts the size of this thing into perspective!

With Minicon Eagle Eye! I will use 4 of them to represent the F/A-18 Hornet!
    [​IMG]

And 'ol OS himself, hangin' ten on his day off! Surf's up!!:rock 

[​IMG]

Oh yeah!1 The two buttons behind the catapults are launchers! There's a hook in front of the catapult, and you "cock" it back and the button launches the plane off the carrier!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  7. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Hrmm, Shortround could become a quad changer:

*Boat mode
    *'bot mode
    *Headmaster mode
    *Giant-toilet-on-the-aircraft-carrier mode

What about Mirage, the gunboat for that "other idea" I tossed at you ^^

8. BrokenSVT

*Scratches head*

Hmm, was hoping for pictures with a power saw cutting through a giant vintage G.I. Joe toy sometime soon :) 

Oh, and have you purchased an Energon Mirage yet?

9. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I can't wait to see this.I wish i could do customs like this.Then again,if i could,i wouldn't have any transformers anymore.They would all be cut up.

Very awsome work sir.

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow, after seeing the size of that thing i have to ask would you be better off using cyberjets rather than minicons

11. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Well, then this wouldn't be Tidal Wave, then, he has to have at least one jut mini-con. Plus the mini-cons would be easier to store in the arms, too.

12. 1-10

1-10 Well-Known Member

you gave me an idea for a mititary transformer

13. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

You sir, are a mad scientist. This is one hell of an ambitious project that required some out of the box thinkin.

14. 1-10

1-10 Well-Known Member

you gave me an idea for a military type transformer with the legs and arms but for the body i will use a tank

15. uuser

uuser Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    can't wait to see this

16. Kryptokron

Kryptokron Yells at Clouds

News Credits:
    Hooooleeeee shizzut! Do I ever wanna see this as it comes along! That will be monstrous!

17. Quantum_Anomaly

Quantum_Anomaly Scratch Basher

*bows*

INCREDIBLE!!!!

need....updates...NOW!!!! ACKH!! *twitches uncontrolably*

:bowdown: 

18. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

HOLY FREAKING GAWD DAMN :eek: 

What the hell is that monstrosity of a toy and where in the hell can I get my hands on one!

:jawdropper: 

.......how?!?!

19. BrokenSVT

Yeh, c'mon David where's the updates(I keed, I keed; I'm really the one to harass others about their unfinished projects, eh?):gen069: :crazy: :drunk :dunce :sly2: :rolleyes: :banghead: :inquisiti :p :peoples: :poke :lolol :throw :stick: 

20. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Massive...just massive. Can I borrow some of your awesomeness? :bowdown: