I attempted a Thundercracker over a year ago, but I botched the paint apps and just gave that one up entirely. Armed with that experience, I finally got around to taking another go at it. So this marks my first completed major repaint/custom. Right off the bat, my goal was to create a unique marking scheme that fit in with the rest of the Classics (and Henkei, in the case of Thrust and Dirge), so this is what I came up with. Simple, but effective. I couldn't think of a way to work the red striping into the new scheme, so it got dropped entirely. Other than his eyes, there's no red on him. I kinda wanted to give him a stormy look befitting his name, so the base colour is Tamiya Metallic Blue, which has a slight oceanic green tint to it. I quite like the colour, it's kinda halfway between his old metallic midnight blue toy colours, and his bright sky blue animation colours. The stripes are Tamiya Gunmetal, with silver pinstriping courtesy of a silver Sharpie. Despite masking the stripes, the Sharpie didn't apply quite as cleanly as I would have liked, with a bit of bleeding at the edges, but it's not too apparent except under close scrutiny. Insignias are, of course, courtesy of Reprolabels. Robot mode, without the null rays, just to show off the wings in robot mode better. The chest and knee vents are Tamiya Titanium Silver. I tried to paint his shoulder stripes with the same colour, but surface tension around the panel lines kept causing the paint to pool in that area, so I wound up just using the Sharpie again. With the launchers. If you'll notice, all of the Classics Seekers have their shoulder intakes painted differently than each other, so I carried that through here as well, this time carrying the silver from the chest all the way up to the interior of the intakes, but keeping the entirety of the outer cowling blue. Back view. Nothing fancy here, short of the hints of the stripes on his legs. Kinda hard to tell, but the backs of his forearms are painted blue so that they blend into the rest of the jet mode. Posed Hand detail. While most of the toy is Classics Starscream, I opted to use hands and feet from Ramjet instead, so that paint rub in those tight joint areas would be non-existent. Rather than paint the whole parts, I opted to only partially paint them, leaving some of the gray for visual interest. Not as fancy on the feet, but same idea. With Henkei Dirge, just to show off the colour difference. The Seekers take to the air. "Decepticons rule the skies!" You can see a bit of the paint mods done to Starscream here as well. Gunmetal face, chest vents/landing gear, and knee vents. I wish I could have gotten the stripe design a little cleaner and sharper, but I realize it's insanely difficult to do so without decals or a factory setup, so overall, I'm quite happy with the final result. The toy turned out quite playable, with very minimal, almost unnoticeable paint rub, and once cured, Tamiya's paints seem quite durable. I'm able to take my fingernail to the paint and not scratch it, and I haven't even bothered to use a sealant.