Minor/Repaint: Classics Thundercracker WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . I'm going to do that now, so I can get paint on both wings and the legs today. I also need to take apart the torso and the nosecone, so I can swap parts with one of my Ramjets, and prepare parts for either dye or paint.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Since nobody's going to even try to guess, I'll just say it now, and post a picture that I took yesterday. It was the blue that I'm using for Thundercracker. Also, I've started putting blue onto the legs and the wings, and I've got a picture of them so far too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Looking good, Rave. Hey I think you mention the paint your using, but I cant recall what it was, so please tell again what color of blue your using on Thundercracker, thanks.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . It's Testors Gloss Bright Blue (there's a picture of the can on the first page ;) ). Update: The blue is going on the wings and legs great so far. I might be able to start puting blue onto the nose-cone, and onto his back later today. It all depends on wether I get those pins out today or not.

[​IMG]

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: The blue on the wings is done, and I just put the last coat of blue on the legs (only needed a little touch-up). I'll probably have pictures up later once the legs dry. I'll probably tape them up and also put the silver on them today. The pin I need to take out of the torso is prooving to be hard to get out, so I'm going to wait till tommorow to continue on that. That's about it for now. The blue looks amazing on the wings. It's nice to be starting out with a Skywarp, as the black actually makes it look like he's been panel lined to an extent.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thanks. That black does give those wings more detail. It makes it look realistic then cartoony, but it looks good.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Went out to get a couple things (nothing important to my kitbashes though). I just went down to check on the legs. I'm going to have to add another coat of blue on one of the legs, because when I wen to add a coat for touch ups, I didn't shake the can well enough, and, well....one of the legs is lighter than the other, lol. Other than that, nothing really new. I'll be starting back up on this tommorow, though I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done, as I have some other, more important things to work on.

8. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

The color you are using looks a lot like the one I did for a cartoon version of Classics TC that I did. I used Tamiya French Blue for this one...This one was done by using Starscream. I like the panel lined look of yours since you used Skywarp. Can't wait to see what yours looks like!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . It might be the lighting, I'm not sure, but, the blue you used on your Thundercracker looks lighter than the one I'm using. Either way, it looks good :thumb . Update. I just touched up the one leg that was lighter, so that should be stratened out in no time. Other than that, nothing really new. I might have some more pictures up later on once that leg dries, and I bring it and the other one up here to tape up for silver.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: The legs are back up here, and I'll be taping them up for silver (probably take a couple of pictures before I do though). Other than that, I don't really think I'll be doing much with this bash. I've got other things that need be be taken care of before these bashes. Other than that, nothing really new.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just put the first coat of silver on the vent-like things on the legs. Should actualy cover it in just one layer. I'll hopefully have some updated pictures of all that I've done so far up sometime tonight.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just got the tape off of the legs, and, while not perfect, the silver is definetly great imo. I'll have some pictures up in a while. Other than that, not really much I plan to do with this bash for today. Still need to get the pins out of the torso and nose-cone.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: I've taken two new pictures. One of just the leg sections, and one of all the pieces that I've painted so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. dak

dak I am DAK! The customizer!

News Credits:
    that's looking pretty slick!

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Since I've been working on Wheeljack lately, and I was able to get most of the paints I needed (only one they didn't have was primer, but, silver will work for the same purpose), I've decided to get back to work on Thundercracker and Overlord. I've just put the first coat of white on the wings, and the first coat of black on the legs. Here are a couple pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Little Update: I've got another coat of black onto the legs, and another coat of white onto the wings. After the black is done I'll clear-coat the leg pieces, and after the white is done I'll tape the wings up for the red.

17. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This is really turning out great! Keep it up, bro.

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    this is gonna be sweet.

19. SonRay

SonRay Banned

What a strange coincidence that this thread pops up with updates the same time i revive my TC thread lol.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks guys :D . Update: I just put what should be the last coat of black on the legs, and another coat of white on the wings (I'm doing nice thin coats of it to make sure it doesnt bleed under the tape). Other than that, nothing really new.