Minor/Repaint: Classics Thundercracker- Finished

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, May 21, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I finally got around to finishing him. He's turned out really good, imo. Not perfect, but definetly good enough for me. I bought a big can of Krylon Matte Finish, so it shouldn't be too long before Overlord is finished. This is the first of at leat three Seeker kitbashes I'm going to be doing. The other two (Dirge and Thrust) are currently WIP's, and I'm thinking about doing the other two Rainmakers when Acid Storm is released, making a total of 9 Seekers in my Decepticon ranks. Thanks for looking, and for any comments I get. These pictures aren't perfect, but hopefully their good enough for the galleries, as I'll be submiting them here soon. Here are the other five pictures I've take that couldn't fit in the attachments section.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCTP11.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCTP12.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCTP13.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCTP14.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCTP15.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Hey rave. Not bad on TC, I think their worthy for the galleries. Sweet job, buddy.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    your pictures are so heavily tinted blue that its really hard to guage what the paint looks like. I mean, the silver torso even looks bluish, so Iam guessing that he's a very bright shade... but its just a guess. :(  you should run those through your GIMP and use auto levels and photo filter to fix the color and brightness.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    For me, I probably will never get a Classics TC let alone the Henkei one.

I want it for my birthday,really badly. :(  I'l probably never get it.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :thumb . Hopefully my Dirge and Thrust turn out good too.

I'll do that here in a minute. I'm not sure why it's been doing that, but for a while now it seems every picture I take with it has a blueish hue to it. I should have edited them before I posted the thread, but I was a little bit eager to get it up on here. I'll re-submit them when I'm done to Plowking for the galleries.

Even after seeing the pictures of the Henkei one, I still prefer my kitbash to both the Botcon one and Henkei one. The Botcon one was nice, but a little too slavish to G1. Pretty much same thing for the Henkei one, but add on the randome and useless use of chrome.

6. REDLINE

News Credits:
    If I had a guess, I'd say the white-balance setting is off on your camera. :)  easy enough to fix! Just check the setting on it.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's probably it. I honestly should have thought of that by now, lol, as I've take a couple classes the past couple years dealing with cameras. I just added the new pictures. A simple auto level was able to fixe most of them up.

Edit: Was just looking at the settings, and it was the white-balance, lol. Simple little change, and it's fixed.

8. REDLINE

News Credits:
    hehehe figured that was it. and nice job, btw. the only thing that seems "off" I guess, is how the very beginning of the tail wings are black, when they're blue themselves.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looking good!!....I'm diggin it :thumb ....you guys are gonna turn me into a Seeker nut sooner or later! :D 

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Your welcome as always.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Eh, not a big deal, imo. I'm mainly happy that I've finished him, let alone that he looks better than I thought he would, lol.

Thanks :thumb . Over the past year I've been slowly turned into a little bit of a Seeker nut. If I do all the kitbashes I'm currently planning on doing, I'll have a total of 9 Classics Seekers :D .

:thumb 

12. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

I am impressed. :) 

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :thumb . If everything goes according to plan, I should have another finished kitbash thread up either Saturday or Sunday. I've got Overlord almost ready to take pictures of. All I really have to do now is finish up the head mods, paint it, clear coat it, and then put it on the body which I just put back together today. The Energon Megatron mold is one I'll never attempt to kitbash again. Those legs are extremely hard to get back together, imo.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hey man, it's great to see you have a piece finished! Your paint apps are applied well and I'm sure you're thrilled to have a Classics TC! The black on the rear wings is out of place, but aside from that you've got a custom full of win. Great job :thumb 

15. cuters

cuters Diabolist

nice looks good the black legs look a little different but still good job man.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Excluding Thundercracker, I have 4 finished kitbashes that I'm happy with, it's just that these pictures of Thundercracker are the best of any of my finished kitbashes. I'll hopefully have a thread for my Overlord kitbash up sometime tommorow. It took a little longer to finish the mods to the head, but I should be able to finish up the painting on it today. I'm also planning on taking some new pictures of my other kitbashes over the course of this next week.

I remember seeing a picture of Thundercracker where he had black uper legs. It looks really good, imo, and it was easy to just leave them black, as I used a Classics Skywarp for the base figure.

17. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I think of the upper legs being black too, to be honest - the G1 Strike Jets don't really have thighs, but the closest thing they've got are the swivel joints that you peg the wings into, and these are invariably black. My Starscream and Ramjet will eventually have dark grey thighs just so they don't contrast so harshly with the rest of the colourscheme, but all the others will have black.

Nice job, Raven. The overall colours look brilliant, I think the only thing that jars me is the white rim to the cockpit, which I think would have been better off silver, or something less heavily contrasting to the blue. That's only a minor niggle though, everything else looks great.

18. trionplex123

trionplex123 New Member

Ebay:
    could you make me one

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :thumb . It may seem odd, but for some reason, I actually like the contrast that the white rim around the cockpit makes with the blue. Not sure why though, lol.

Unfortunetly I'm going to have to say no. While I kitbash, and now love it, I'm not someone who has enough time on their hands to do commisions. However, don't give up, there'll be someone on here that'll gladley make you one for the right price. Most prices I've seen are really great for the quality of the work. Personally I like the satisfaction that kitbashing a figure on my own gives me.

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    give redline a pm.