Classics: The Final Word

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Okee, there seems to be a new thread about Classics every day or two, most of which are asking & rehashing the same questions & answers. But the other pattern I've noticed is that no two people seem to actually *know* or agree on what the exact story is where future releases are concerned. This is where I'm hoping some individuals actually "in the know" can lend their input.

First off, we have a portion of members that claim to know for fact that Classics will indeed end once the movie merch starts coming out, and will supposedly not be resurrected. They keep saying it's a filler line, nothing more. Then we have another portion who says they've heard from this or that guy that they'll actually be continued either alongside the movie merch or relaunched next year after the movie stuff calms down. Then we have yet another portion that claims there will indeed be 3 more Seekers (Thundercracker, Dirge & Thrust) released *after* Cliffjumper, Ramjet and the Devastator set, who are supposedly the LAST ones in the series, yet the time frame is completely unknown as is any sort of official word from Hasbro (that we seem to know of).

So, does anyone such as one of the mod's or Don or anyone else who rubs elbows with Hasbro actually know for certain what is going on? We have enough "well I read..." and "Archer said @ Botcon..." unfounded accounts being passed off as fact, so please refrain from dropping those tidbits as responses unless there's something to concretely back them up.

Seeing as though this discussion is spread over multi-dozens of threads about Ramjet or Grimlock or whatever other Classics character, I thought it might be worthwhile to (try to) centralize it with this thread, and hopefully kill the rumors in favor of actual facts if at all possible.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, the facts are this: We've seen no further test shots, official releases or Wal Mart computer entries implying anything else.

I think the hopes for all three Seekers are total wishful thinking. I personally am holding out hopes for a repaint wave that'll include Thundercracker, but at this rate, it seems highly unlikely, although there are a couple of quiet months before the Movie merchandise starts to hit.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

When all else falls, refer back to Botcon news. Usually confusion stems from people's memories getting fuzzy. All of what you said are SORT OF true (in spite of being seemingly conflicting), it's just that people start taking specific statements by Hasbro representatives and latching onto those while ignoring others. Botcon is the last official news we've heard, and that is where your search should start. Here's what was said, and why I think people eventually got confused.

Classics is over after Ramjet, Cliffjumper, Magnus/Skywarp, and Devastator. Starting in May their focus turns to the movie for most of the rest of the year.

HOWEVER, depending on the success of Classics, they may revisit it at some future point after the movie. Classics was literally just leaking out at one or two places the weekend Botcon took place, so they couldn't have known whether or not it was a financial success back then.

That's probably a big part of the basis for your confusion. Some people have latched onto the "Classics is over" talk, and others have latched onto the assumption that Classics would surely be successful and thus Hasbro would continue it.

As far as the Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust thing...someone asked at the panel about that, and Aaron Archer said the mold was designed knowing a lot of characters could be used from it, so "draw your own conclusions" (his words) from that. Most people take that to me that they'll come out eventually in one form or another...either as an eventual continuation of Classics, or inserted into a future main line, or maybe even Botcon exclusives. But again, it's not a certainty....Hasbro designed the toys with that knowledge, but they're not under any obligation to absolutely do it.

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

KidDynamite has put forward the best answer based on the facts we got so far.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, KD put it very nicely indeed. That's pretty much the facts *that we know of since Botcon* in a nutshell.

I wonder though if we'll hear anything about how successful Classics were at this year's Botcon and if we can squeeze any answers about whether the line will continue? I'm guessing it all depends on the success of the line and *obviously* if Hasbro wants to do it. They may not feel like it for whatever reason.

Another thing that I think confuses people about the Classics continuing/discontinuing issue is that Hasbro released a similar line in Star Wars right before Revenge of the Sith, discontinued it during the release of all the RotS movie merch blitz, and than released another wave or two after the movie merch blitz was over. So, people are drawing similar conclusions from TF: Classics, because Hasbro "already did it" so to speak. That's just my own personal opinion though.

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heck, I'd love to see Classics continue! But it's nothing more than what I'm hoping for.

Honestly, I think it could go either way at this point. We may see more, we may not. Only time will tell.

7. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I hope they will continue with it, it has been a great line with very nice molds and I would love to see more, so all you attendees for this years Botcon please ask about it (I know you will anyways) and let all of us who can't afford to go let us know what is going on with it.

By the way what date is this years Botcon slated for?

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    The weekend before the movie comes out :) 

9. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

Sweet, thanks

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I had not read the part about the seeker mold being designed with multiple characters in mind as possible future re-mold/re-tools. Thats pretty cool, they've already proved its a versatile mold with the Ramjet re-mold.

Since seeing Ramjet, I've held hopes that they'd eventually do a Thrust, he's always been my fav. seeker.

11. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

We're in the calm before the storm. Starve people of their tf's. That way they'll have plenty of $$$ to spend on the movie.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Even If it gets cancelled we still have molds from other line's to Help like U-Downshift as Wheeljack

STILL I WANNA CLASSICS T.C AND ETC.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It was just after showing Ramjet that Archer said something along the lines of: We now have two different types of jets ( meaning regular head and cone head ) and you can draw your own concluseions as to what we will do with that. Then when they showed the Magnus/Skywarp 2-pack, someone yelled out "Where's Thundercracker?" and Archer's response was "be patient". So I'd say we'll get them in some form or another. I just hope it's not as botcon exclusives. Personally, I'm hopeful that they are a success and the line continues with the other 8 designs they have as well as the seeker repaints.