Minor/Repaint: Classics Targetmaster Quake with Tiptop and Heater(WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by BB Shockwave, Nov 3, 2011.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I spent a lot of time hunting for that elusive ROTF/Universe 'Blast Off' that happens to be almost exactly in the colors of the (in)famous G1 Double Targetmaster Decepticon, Quake. Our loveable brainless brute, who even attacked Megatron himself without a second thought because someone told him to do so. And, he survived it. Heck, he survived being blasted by Unicron! If G2 continued, I would not have batted an eyelid if Quake was found out to have been survived that acid-bombing by Jhiaxus' troops as well.

But, as good as a representation as Blast Off is for the character, what is Quake withouth his Targetmasters? So I set out to make him some. This is still WIP - I wanted to add some highlights and details with silver, but found my silver paint mysteriously dried out...

First thing first, I made one minor modification to the original toy - painted his face yellow. He is perfect in any other way, but I felt this little touch was needed. Oh and yeah, he can hold the original Targetmasters. Just don't stress them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next comes Heater. I made him from PCC Searchlight's Minicon (forgot the name) - while Airlift would have worked well too, I am saving him for another Targetmaster repaint. Just disregard that his other gun barrell is just an arm with a hook...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tiptop has a big, big gun barrell - so I choose Caliburst (comes with PCC Huffer) for this role.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quake can hold them both, of course, but they are pretty big for a Scout-sized guy. Here he is with the G1 original. Must say, G1 Quake has quite great articulaton for his time. He can even turn his head!

[​IMG]

Placement in tank mode is a bit more difficult, but it kinda-sort-a works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He can even do the whole 'gun coupling' thing, which I frankly, never used for any other Targetmaster but Quake - it's usefull if you want to keep using his regular tank barrell too.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Very cool!

3. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome, are you thinking of getting the reprolabels set for that version of quake?

4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not likely, I prefer my Classics toys without stickers.

5. Darknova4life

Darknova4life Well-Known Member

Very clever!