Heavy/Scratch: Classics Targetmaster Orion Pax with Axeblade

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by resi4k, Mar 8, 2010.

1. resi4k

resi4k The Flying Robot-tater!

Hiya all! This is my take on Orion Pax with Axeblade! I used an Classics 2-pack Optimus Prime and a target master Nightstick. Hope ya all like it!
    BIO:
    Orion Pax was a dock worker when Bludgeon attacked him and his friends. To survive, he as transformed into a target master. Now he swore to be an Autobot and avenge his fallen comrades. Axeblade was different to Orion Pax. A former crook, he was shot by Bludgeon. Then he just wake up as an target master. But with Orion Pax, they form a formidable team for their revenge to Bludgeon.

To see all of it, go to P3080046 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    EDIT: This is now the early stages of it. this is now the final(?) version of it http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/295884-classics-targetmaster-orion-pax-barrelroller.html

Attached Files:

2. Inferno41

Inferno41 Active Member

Ebay:
    U mm. Generally I'm not Hyper-Critical, being I appreciate peoples hard work they put into their customs........but all i can say is: WTF?

3. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    uh......?

4. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    I get what you're doing with the targetmaster axe (Melee Master, maybe?) but it is a little rough, man. Why's Orion Pax wearing a cape?

5. resi4k

no that's not a cape it's an armor.

6. blazingbullet10

blazingbullet10 Blazingbullet10000

Hey dude really think this is a cool project but like what inferno41 said please work harder on your customs i really like the idea aswell

7. GerardusMaximus

GerardusMaximus Deceptocreep

Train hard young Padawan....

8. Lintlizard

Lintlizard Active Member

My advice for next time is to sand down the additions you make with the putty so that they fit the lines of the figure better; for example, Bludgeon's enormous round hand. Before painting that, perhaps you could have sanded it down to a smaller, more hand-shaped....shape. As for the paint, you'll get better with practise.

9. resi4k

yes jedi master :D 

10. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    A common mistake that people make is trying to make big areas with putty. You'd be much better off trying to cut it out of a flat sheet of plastic. Plastic sheets might seem hard to find and expensive, but you get them for free every time you buy a figure. If you prime both sides of a piece of clear window plastic with a dark color, it will look solid. Old credit cards are a great source too, as well as plastic bottles. You're in a middle eastern country, so I know that there are probably market with all sorts of cheap plastic items. Use them. Ask, "how can I use this?"
    Like Lintlizard said sanding is essential when you use putty. Start with a heavy grit, like 150, to shape it and then smooth with a fine grit- 300 and up. I suspect that I'm actually seeing some modeling clay on there. In the event that quality custom materials are just not available, don't be afraid to use paper. Card stock and poster board are exactly what you should be honing your skills with anyway. I have a ream of 8.5/11 card stock in my desk that I bought specifically to make patterns and prototype parts. you'll see paper prototypes in a lot of my threads. All you need is a glue stick or some scotch tape to assemble it, paint it up with some craft paint or acrylic and you'll be amazed at what you can do.
    About the paint. You will get better with practice, but you need to use quality stuff. If model paint is not available, your next stop is artist's acrylic. When working with plastic, do not use "craft paint" or "tempera". Apply your paint in many thin even coats, and prime it if you can with a white or light gray first.
    You had the nerve to post your first try. That means that you've probably got the nerve to keep trying. Don't give up.

11. resi4k

thanks for your advice guys!

12. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Very well put, Tom. Stick with it resi4k! For my first custom, I used Play-Doh to make spikes on Wreck-Gars tires and a mustache!

13. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Great start, and wonderfully imaginative. Tom - great advice to see. So often anymore, all i see are people stopping in with tactless and mostly useless advice. Thanks for not doing that.

14. resi4k

Thanks guys for your advice. I followed it and made it cooler! I hope it is ok. I will post the pictures as soon as I photographed them. ;) 

15. resi4k

Also I will change the targetmaster, I will post a new thread!

16. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I don't get it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. hater06

hater06 Well-Known Member

megatron is wearing a fur hat like davy crockett...

18. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One other suggestion that I would make...see if you can find a deluxe class figure that has an actual face to it, without the mouthplate, and try to swap the heads.

[​IMG]

It would go a lot farther to resembling the original Orion Pax.