Classics @ Target

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I know there'a lot of talk going on right now about Wave 1 of the Classics finally showing up @ Target, but I haven't seen anything mentioned (through the threads I've looked at) about whether or not the UM vs Skywarp 2-Pack is also apart of this wave.

So is this also anticipated to hit the shelves with everything else, or is it still pending an offical release date later this year?

Sorry if this has been asked & answered already. If so, please direct me to the original thread/post where it's addressed and feel free to delete this.

Thanka.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They have a transition date of 10/15, so while they should be in stores right now, they won't hit shelves till the 15th or so. The two-pack isn't part of the normal waves, and I don't know if that's shipping yet or not. It might be out with the rest, it might be a bit later.

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the signs at Botcon are correct, Magnus vs. Skywarp won't show up until March.

The Prime vs. Megs pack should be about that time though.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Thanks guys.

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want that Magnus/Skywarp set now. I think I'm more excited about getting it than I am Optimus and Starscream. But then, I'm anticipating seeing any signs of Classics at all right now.

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Here is some cool news. I was at Target in the toy isle, some guy walks in there with an employee and says, "They aren't out yet, but here are the DCPI numbers as they are instock and in the back." Guy scans them agrees with the guy, and goes to the back and gets both boxes. We each grabbed a set (except I passed on Megatron as I have 2 from BBTS that is currently at the Post Office). Now I just need to find another set of the other 5 so I can open them.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    He got that trick from Shortpacked. David Willis put the numbers up in his blog and said how you can get Target employees to run back for them.

8. Def2k1

Def2k1 Plastic Crack Addict

Yup, hell I got the entire first wave today using the DCPI numbers.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Can somebody post the numbers here? If so, I'll get them tomorrow night.

**Edit** Nevermind, I went over to shortpacked and got the info. It's easily found.

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Don't think that's supposed to happen.

11. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Still havent found them my way. I got all this money and no classics to buy..such a damn shame..damn shame I SAY!!

12. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You can get Target employees to fetch stuff, but they won't always bring it out, or let you buy it. They'll use almost any excuse to comply with those lame "No checking the back" policies.

And the trick way predates Shortpacked. A Target employee clued me and some friends to it a good couple years ago. :D  It's just luck of the draw who you get.

13. Dr Kain

Actually, the guy who was talking to the employee is a Team Lead at a different Target store, and he told me that if a customer gives them a DCPI number and it shows the item is instock, they are required to sell the customer that item.

What is Shortpacked?

14. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hate to say it, but he's wrong about that. It's not company policy, or I wouldn't be beating my head on the wall so often. They actually are supposed to adhere to street dates if the item isn't on the plan yet (whether it's out elsewhere or not), and can deny to check the back for othert stock at all. It's clearly posted out front that they won't even do it.

It's just luck of the draw. To clarify...I don't hate Target eployees for doing what they're supposed to, not when their jobs essentially hang on the line of doing it. I hate the people that came up with the crap that makes them do it.

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The whole thing with checking the back for new items is this- we only get so much stock in before a new item is set into the shelf. When someone comes and buys it before the set date, we don't have any in the store when the date rolls around, so they end up setting empty pegs. That, if nothing else, just looks terrible. From what I've seen, it also looks like pre-set sales don't trigger the system to order more, so that they have to be researched first (which can take a while even with a competent team in place). So, if that's the case, it can actually keep the store out of stock for longer. Maybe of one of the Target guys can clarify that.

16. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I see your point... but I don't care I have mine :p 

Ive never had a problem getting the items from the back at target. I did it to get Universe Nemesis Prime, Universe repaints of the build team and wave 1 of the classics.

17. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Lucky for me I know a few guys who work the back room at target. (I used to work wtih them)

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty much spot on to my understanding and I work in the backroom. This is a similar scenario to what was happening a couple of months back when Primus was showing up at Targets. Although, the Classics don't seem to be red flagging the system like Primus was...

Also, the thing about employees checking the backroom... it's true that if you show an employee a DPCI # (or just ask them to check the backroom for something out on the shelf period) that they are obligated to check on the item and to pull and sell you the item if it's in stock. This is true in most cases... with one exception... we don't do that with Toys and other collectibles. However, a lot of people, including myself and other team leads, get away with it because the average Joe Schmo Target employee isn't going to be aware of the policy. Hell, the only person besides myself and Dark Magnus at my store that's aware of the policy is our Toy Team Lead and our Overnight Executive Team Lead (and he doesn't really care as he checks me out at lunch usually). So, people do fudge the policy. The only time people seem to be having a problem fudging the system is when the item red flags like Primus did... and that didn't happen because of a set date, but because of the price discrepancy. Primus and Starscream are set on the same DPCI (sort of... it's different, but Primus wrung up under it before his set dates due to an error with our systems... he apparently hadn't been programmed into the system by the time he started shipping early to some stores and thus the computer recognized him as a Supreme, but not the DPCI... so it found the next closest thing... Clearance Supreme Screamer), however, the Classics seem to have been put into the system properly.

19. Dr Kain

I just picked up my two Megatrons from the PO, and oh my god is he awesome. If you don't pull out his heel-like foot and don't move the plates on his legs upward, his feet look identical to the G1 design. The wings are annoying at times as they make him too heavy to stand up, but he is still an incredible figure with awesome posing ability. If there is anything else to complain about, it is that his eyes are green rather than red, but other than that, this is probably the best incarnation of Megatron I have ever seen.

20. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    From Mouth04 @ the Allspark. Super duper plans to get them from Target early. Lots of accounts of no hassles with this.