Heavy/Scratch: Classics Superion: WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Erector, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    OK so I'm on a day off from work today, and doing what I usually do on a day off. Which is wait for the post and sit on my ass haha. I was reading through the forums and particularly the thread about Botcon '08 and how people wanted Stunticons for the exclusive. Now I always preferred the Aerialbots to them... it got my mind thinking (which doesn't happen too often to be fair.

Haven't got a digibash or anything cos I have no photoshop skills, but here's what I was thinking...

Air Raid: Pretty much straight repaint of Skywarp or Starscream. Easiest of the guys to do.

Fireflight: Starscream, modified wings, remove the tailfins from the out legs and try and do some sort of "inner" tailfin jobbie.

Slingshot: modified Ramjet. Use Starscream's legs and alter the tail fins. I think it'd be hard to get the cockpit to look QUITE right, as Ramjet's is a lot longer than the short stubby one that Slingshot's got. Would also need modified wings.

Skydive: similar to Slingshot except he'd need a longer cockpit, different wings etc.

Silverbolt: this one I'm totally stuck. Any suggestions? The best I can think of is Classics Jetfire but that'd need some MAJOR retooling.

Suggestions welcome. One thing I'm not too keen on is using the same moulds over and over - but then I guess, they're planes, and they ARE going to be altered...? I'm also not sure if it'd be possible to keep them as individual 'bots as well as able to combine AND transform...

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think Jetfire is your best bet for the leader. It's totally possible to get them to combine, it's been done before, just look at Wheeljaxx's Liokaiser.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sounds like a cool idea to me. I can't see it being a Botcon set with all those modifications, but, it would be awesome for it to be a fan kitbash. Especially if you were to put it in the contest at Botcon some year. Yeah, Jetfire would be your best bet for the leader :thumb .

4. Erector

News Credits:
    Aye... just this is gonna be my second kitbash so aiming there MIGHT be a little above my station ;)  Well the plan is to HAVE a combined superion - just I doubt he'll be able to uncombine and have the individual bots transform and stuff. See what I can work out.

Now I gotta find the bots I need haha ;) 

5. Erector

News Credits:
    Yeah sorry that's what I meant, didn't make myself clear. I meant people had been talking about maybe the Botcon 08 set being Stunticons, and that made me think of making Superion myself ;) 

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I know. I figured I'd give my opinion on it if anybody were to bring up any Botcon possibilities for it. It's a great idea, and I wish you the best of luck. I personally couldn't see myself doing that many mods to those TF's :D . Also, good luck finding the TF's you need for that. I still need to find a Starscream to turn into Thundercracker.

7. Erector

News Credits:
    Shoot me a PM dude - I should be able to hook you up. They're pretty much shelfwarming here.

8. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

I thought about this last week and was able to get them to stick together with out any extra parts but getting it to balance was some task. By the time I got my camera I it fell and I was 1 short of looking right anyway. I need another Ramjet. Anyway good luck and have fun and I will be watching. For what its worth Jetfires arms fit into the chest cavity on Starscream ans skywarp with out any modification.

9. Erector

News Credits:
    VERY useful to know :)  Thanks dude!

10. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I would reccommend getting some of the 1/100 Easy Kits from Revell. They are less than 10 bucks a pice and are fairly close to the scale of Starscream.

That is what I used for my wing parts of Thrust.

Here is a link to the Phantom, you'll see some of the other kits on the right hand side.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/rmx/rmx851366.htm

Hope that helps.

11. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Wow - thanks for that link, Boggs! I think that'll be useful for a lot of people.

12. Erector

News Credits:
    That may be VERY useful since it seems that Starscream has gone from a shelfwarmer to disappeared in the space of 2 days. BAH.

EDIT: God bless amazon.co.uk who still have Classics SS :)  So I got 2 of them heading across to me. Just need 2 Ramjets which I should be able to grab tomorrow and then we can start cooking with gas ;) 

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Evil Ratbat has been working on one of these for a long time now. he already has them combining too. you could modify jetfire to be representative as the main bot. Good luck. I said the same thing you did, but I'm pretty much there for my first combiner too.

14. Erector

News Credits:
    OK, first hiccup. Got most of the main 'bots I need. However I want something similar to MP Prime's hands for the hands. However I don't really fancy spending £50 on a toy to rip it apart and just use its hands haha. Anyone got any ideas of anything similar (and cheaper preferably lol) or , indeed, have a spare set of MP Prime hands ;) 

15. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm actually using 1:144 scale planes (also pretty cheap) for a Superion I'm working on. Very close to the scale of G1 Superion. Going for something close to Sculptbot's very cool Devastator statue, but with full articulation.

16. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Maybe try and find a Megamorph Hulk figure. Much cheaper. Nice big hands. Maybe a little closer to Devastator in style, but might work for Superion as well.

17. Erector

News Credits:
    Not seen any of them around here, I'll have to keep an eye open on eBay. Cheers for the tip off though. They're articulated fingers, right?

18. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

that is a killer idea

19. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Can't wait to see it.

20. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Yep