Classics Sunstreaker MOSC - Auction

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Transfan2, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I didn't think there was anything wrong with Wrecker's post. Yes, the reviews are great, and it's cool seeing toys reviewed well before they're released, but I do think that there is a "I have before anyone else" mentality. And is a mostly why people buy them. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, and I'm most definitely not "hating" anyone because of it. But to say that is not a big reason, or deciding factor at all, in people purchasing these for big money is just wrong, imo.

Are you saying that they want to spend 90-100 bucks for a $10 toy just to put up reviews and help us decide whether we want to get it? When they could just spend $10 when the toy comes out, write or record a review, and let us decide whether to buy it that way? Doesn't make sense to me.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
  4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Gotta love the impatient people who feel they must bid on something that is on eBay early, simply to be the first to own it. I want it as much as anyone else, but I'll be DAMNED if I bid ANYTHING over $25 on something that will be readily available later this year. It's just not worth the time and money to rush to get it early (at least in my opinion). If you have the extra cash and wanna blow it on this, have fun. Just remember how much you paid for it when we're all playing with them, repainting them, and kitbashing them later......and we'll have paid a fraction of what you did. I'll never understand paying "G1-like" prices for something that is "new", just slapped on eBay a bit early.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm sure that some people are buying them with the 'have it first mentality'. I don't take issue with that so much as how the poster came off when he said it as if that's the only reason. Some people just can't wait to get a really cool toy. As Draven pointed out, that is a big factor for him (and being in the UK he's probably in for a longer wait than those us that are state side) to be able to do reviews before the toy comes out and I'd be willing to bet that some others on the board feel the same way. Either way we usually wind up with cool reviews, but I'm sure that not everyone buys them with the intent of only doing a review.

Like I said in my last post... I'm really really looking at getting Blackarachnia early (correction though... she's a wave 2 not 3 deluxe figure so the wait is not quit as long), because I think the character rocks. I don't want to review her and I'm certainly not going to come on this board and go 'I HAVE IT BEFORE YOU!' as the original poster implied... but I dig the character and want a representation of her in my collection to the point that I'd be willing to pay extra to not have to wait until later (which is why I preorder through BBTS even though they tend to be on the expensive side).

At the end of the day there's different strokes for different collectors and it's really no one else business how someone else spends there money. I mean, a lot of people who know I collect and a few good friends I have on these boards don't understand why I'm willing to pay X amount of money for a $10 figure just because it's a limited edition or exclusive of some kind, but it's a personal part of collecting that I enjoy. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of the guys who spend money on these early.

6. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    What other people do with their own money....is their own business, as long as they feel it's justifiable...and there's absolutely no better use that extra $xxx could have been put to, right?

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

I think we've already seen most of those out of package images already... still looks neat though (although no definitive proof of where the gun goes in car mode, as it's just sitting next to him, and for some reason he isn't displayed with his backpack :(  )

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i may have one with a little luck

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whoever says "people who buy early/pay extra on Ebay R stupid." need to post a complete list of their financial activities with it, so everone can see what a responsible, non-frivolous spender they are in their life. :) 

10. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I wouldn't buy it NOW. But Octane, oh hellz yeah, I'd love to blow some money on that bad ass.

11. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait til prowl gets in ebay.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, I admit that it's almost like a drug. It started off with Voyagers Starscream and Bulkhead for $30 shipped each, and the first few deluxes for $25 shipped. That's not entirely unreasonable to have the toy 5 months early. And the toys turned out to be super awesome, so when the next one showed up for $80, right as I got a large influx of tax return cash, a little indulgence didn't seem like such a big deal, and then the next figure showed up for a little bit more, and so on and so on... :lol 

I'm not hurting financially at all because of these purchases, but now that I've had some time off with no new ones showing up, that rabid "gotta have it" fever has cooled. I'll still likely nab a few figures early, but I'll wait until the prices drop a bit before I do. It wasn't a "gotta have it first" mentality so much as just "Gotta have it!" :lol  I won't deny that there's a bit of a rush with having it first, but I don't post my videos or pictures to gloat. A lot of us are excited for these, and I think it would be the height of rudeness to get these early and NOT share with the rest of you guys. I don't buy them to do reviews, I buy the figures because I have some extra cash to spare, and I WANT the figure. The reviews are just my way of contributing something back to the fandom and this site in particular.

13. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

well said peaugh! and thanks for always sharing it to us via the reviews you've made.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Very well put! :thumb 

Just out of curiousity... how much did you drop on BA and what's a good price to nab her for? :ev:  I've decided to attempt to get her, but kind of what an idea of how much I might be dropping.

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    You're welcome! I'm really looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts when these start hitting shelves. They really are awesome toys.

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, I dropped more than I should have. :)  I've been able to get them as cheap as $65 shipped, but you might be able to get them for less than that now that they've been available for a few weeks. Voyager Primes are down to $60 shipped, I can't imagine BA hasn't gotten cheaper.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thanks, I'll have to start looking around. :D 

18. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

That may be. I don't know about the tone, but he didn't actually say it.

I too think it's crazy to pay that much for a figure that will be available at retail, but hey, if that's how people want to spend their money, who am I to judge? And personally, I don't care if they to come to the boards to 'gloat' as it won't bother me. When I get annoyed is when everyone is finding something at retail and I haven't seen it yet!

19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :lol 

Yeah, there's nothing more frustrating than when everyone's reporting that they're seeing all these wonderful toys at their local Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart (do they still carry Transformers? :D  ) and you can't find anything locally.

Hopefully Universe and Animated will be plentiful at retail.

20. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits: