Minor/Repaint: Classics Stipstream

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Insane Galvatron, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Decided to make a custom Slipstream based on the digibash by whitemocha. This is the head I've rendered, and will have printed by shapeways. Question is, should I make a mold and pour multiples? I only need the one, but if anyone else would be interested in one to put on their custom painted Cyclonus, I could make a mold and pour some with Allumilite resin.

Final Draft...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now, I have the print in hand. Painted it up ( quite poorly, just did it quick ) and put it on. The white material it was printed in did not photograph well. I just wanted some color on it to see how it would fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a bit smaller than WhiteMocha's digibash, but it had to be in order to fit in alt mode. Any taller and it won't transform anymore.

[​IMG]

This body looked feminine enough in the digi-bash, but I think the larger head helped with that. With this smaller head, it doesn't really say "fembot" to me. What do you guys think? Acceptable? Should I bother trying to smooth out the other print and make a mold?

Someone asked how it would look on the Terradive mold, so I took a couple of pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It does fit, but the neck looks weird IMO. It was designed to sit on the shoulders of the Cyclonus mold. Plus, it was designed to use the big screw in Cyclonus head to hold it together. You'd have to glue it together and then pop it on the ball because Terradive's screw won't fit.

Ok, in an attempt to make the head look bigger without looking like a fathead, I came up with this:
    [​IMG]
    Better?

Attached Files:

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it will ship overseas to the uk hell yeah!

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, I would definitely want one. I never thought to use it on the Cyclonus mold, but that is great thinking. Please let me know if you cast these, I would def. want one. Great character and I already have and extra Cyclonus for it

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hadn't really thought about turning this mold into Slipstream. Might do this myself. Might just be the angle of the image, but her face looks a little....flat. Also, she looks a little stern. A smile would, imo, look better.

5. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Here's another angle. The face isn't completely flat, but putting a steeper angle made her look kinda like she was holding her breath. All poofy around the mouth. Although Slipstream is supposed to be all stern. She's a tough cookie. :) 

Attached Files:

6. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I'd say to round out the cheeks more, she's a fem, shouldn't be quite so flat faced. Maybe raise the cheek lines around the mouth?
    Otherwise, I'd totally be in on this too, depending on price of course. Us college people don't have a ton of cash to fling around.....

*edit* as you can see in the render, the cheeklines are way up top near the eyes. That far low down as you have the drawing IG, makes the head look like jowels....

7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. What part do you say should be moved? She really doesn't have cheek lines. The part I think you are referring to is actually where the cheek meets the area around the mouth. It's more of the top line of the upper lip. Maybe I should add a cheek line?

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, that looks better. She is stern, but I still think a smile would look better. I imagine she's a fembot that enjoys the havoc she creates :ev: 

9. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    hmm...I think that would work. Remember, its the guys supposed to have the longer faces and big chins, not the girls.

10. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

You know, this is the kind of thing that you could probably get turnarounds from the right people for... Doesn't Derrick Wyatt hang around here sometimes?

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, cool, I'm flattered! Although I would agree that right now it feels like it could use a bit more dimension. Let me know if I can do anything to help. I draw as well, I might be able to get some turnarounds for you.

12. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    I'd design it to swing/slide the side vents into the "bunny ear" slots so she can have pointier cheeks and a subtle smirk. not quite starscream smirk, just a cocky smirk cause she knows she can tear you a new exhaust port.

just my:2c: 

13. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Updated the first post with a new version. Does it look better?

14. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    maybe try the lines more lined up with the end of the nose? Its getting closer.
    Or you could send me the CAD file and I could help?

15. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Thanks for the offer, but the only way I'm going to learn is by doing it myself. I did a third one with the cheek lines going over towards the nose. I don't think it's better. I personally like #2 myself.

16. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Go with the one you like. The new cheek lines don't help.

Just wondering, what program are you using? And if you need help, you can send me the CAD file. :) 

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it looks good

after you do this version would you consider upsizing it and smoothing out the edges so it can work for animated

18. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They look great man. My favorite is the first one but whichever one you choose I'd like to get one. Especially cause the BiS set is shelf warming here.

19. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    Hmm, possibly round the lower jaw/chin/mouth area so it's more, human?

20. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

I love the concept, but the 3 options dont really look like the one in the digibash. the DB one has a bit of a smirk, if you can get that down, then its an easy buy for me.