Minor/Repaint: Classics Starscream wip!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by javaco, Apr 5, 2010.

1. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    Need Opinions On My Classics Starscream wip!

well i just got this figure today, and im really liking him. this is my first seeker mold and im hoping for more soon! :D 

problem.. the null rays, WAY TO BIG!
    sooo i found a turret kinda thing from a zoid, choped off the two guns, glued minicon ports to them, and wa la! they actually look pretty night! :D 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

let me know what u think so far and maybe some suggestions

how i just need to know whether i should repaint him into a g1 color sceme in white, (basically make him a mini masterpeice) or should i make him a greyish color?

Attached Files:

2. cuters

cuters Diabolist

i did same thing for all my seekers them null rays they come with are lame looks good

3. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    oh yeah i just checked ur out, sweet lookin!
    thanks!

4. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    need ur opinions :]

5. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

If you decide to go grey, than Tamiya makes a really good 'sky grey' that if you mix a little white into, really makes a nice G1 accurate white-grey color for your potential repaint. Good luck and watch out for those rub spots on this one.

6. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    what about a regular testors flat grey, mixed with flat white?
    those are the easiest paints for me to get

7. SonOfNemesis

I guess that'll work. I am not sure how light colored the testors flat grey is compared to tamiya's sky grey. Just add the white for a lighly colored grey mix and you should be all set. How do you plan on prepping this figure before you paint it?

8. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    well i was just gonna take all the parts i need to apart. clean them up with soapy water. i heard thats good to do for full repaints.

but im still not sure if i wanna go with grey or just straight white. cause i would just use white spray paint, and i like the look of the spray alot more than painting the whole thing by hand. so iv got to think this over first.
    either way tho i think im gonna spray him white first for his base coat

9. SonOfNemesis

I see. In that case, a really light shade of grey (spray paint) otherwise do white.

Please make sure you pay attention to the rub spots, otherwise you'll kick yourself in the a$$ when you move arms and legs or wings and paint rubs right off. I've done these guys about 10 times and have no issues at all with rubs. Shoot me a PM if you need help.

10. Jbarb78

Jbarb78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Krylon Fusion, I just got hooked. You can use enamels or acryls over it, and it's very thin so you shouldnt have too many rub problems. I think I saw a light grey, almost a slate color. It's cheap, and you can get it at any Walmart. Just dont get carried away and spray it real heavy, light colors tend to take a few coats to cover, would suggest using fine sandpaper and taking off as much as you can of all the red or blue paint apps where you want this color to be.