Customs: Classics Starscream Question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Prowl Convoy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Prowl Convoy

Prowl Convoy Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone else had some troubke taking apart the legs on the classics Starscream mold. I actually trying to take apart Acidstorm, but same mold. I just can;t seem to split them. I have taken the screws off, and I took the Pin out for his feet. Am I missing something?

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I did this to an Acid Storm a while back while planning for a Superion custom (that is still in the early WIP/planning stages--no pics). If I remember correctly, the legs are glued together also. So you'll need to take a new/sharp hobby knife and carefully cut down the seam where it is glued. Do a little at a time so that you cut into the glue and don't hack up the leg in the process. It took a bit, but it finally gave and popped apart when I did this very thing.

Good luck with it, man!

3. Prowl Convoy

Prowl Convoy Well-Known Member

cool, thanks for the heads up. I will get a new hobby knife tomorrow, being that the one I have has seen better days.

4. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What i usually do when taking apart those seeks is simply use the tight as a lever so one side "opens", then simply take either the hobby knife or even a flat screwdiver to pop the other side :)