Customs: Classics Starscream question...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Oct 5, 2006.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Has anybody tried cutting out that arch on his chest? Ya know, the one that looks stupid underneath in jet mode, and really has no purpose in bot mode, other than to fill the space between his pecs...I was thinking of cutting it out - like this -

[​IMG]

Do you all think that looks better? Is there any reason I shouldn't cut it out?

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I dunno, because now he looks like he has a caved in chest... I'm so loving the MP-03 Starscream version over the Classic version, the Classics may have the original colors, but the MP-03 has everything else

3. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

He does look a bit thin without it. I doubt it would cause signifigant structural problems...if you like the look, cut away.

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think since the cockpit is sunken in 'bot mode you need that arc... It will do a world of good to remove the red paint from the arc I think if you're going for the G1 look.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It DOES look sunken in without it. I just hate the way it looks in jet mode.

Perhaps I'll make it so it can pivot up and out of the way in jet mode. That would look better, and shouldn't be too hard to pull off.