Classics Starscream discoloration?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatronwp38, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I'm not sure if my original Classics SS is discolored or what here. I have not actually looked at it in a while until I brought it to work with me today and noticed that the colors don't really match that well.

Specifically if you look at the area that forms his back and legs in Jet mode comparing it to the color on the wings and tail fins. Are they all like this from the get go? I know a lot of times plastics don't always match, however, I don't remember that being the case on this particular figure. Anyone elses look like this?

PS: Sorry about the bad cell phone pic, but it shows how the center of the Jet is darker then the wings.

[​IMG]

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't looked at mine in a while either, but I remember noticing a discrepancy in the plastic shades, Just got a nice big order of reprolables in so I am gonna get my classics out again and will look closer later tomorrow.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Yeah, I always thought mine had a yellowish hue.

4. Megatronwp38

^ yeah, I am thinking it may have always been like this. It's been in bot mode literally for years and some of the parts that are a different color are in his chest in bot mode and no light gets to.

Also the different color is on his back, not facing the light in my dispay cases.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Mine was like this fresh out of the box. They didnt get the gray color matched right when molding different parts.

6. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I have a related question, anyone notice a color change in Classics Ultra Magnus? Mine looks more yellow than I remember. Was he ever a stark white or always an off color?

7. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine's the same. They didn't match the gray correctly.
    btw, another yellowing question. My alternator Silverstreak's head seems a little off compared to the hood/chest. Didn't really notice it until today. Though, it was sunny here today, so it could be just shade in the room.

8. Megatronwp38

he's another one that wasn't totally white. Mine is like yours and I pulled out my MISB one that's been in a plastic bin for years, IE No light, and it's not pure white either.

I feel better, I couldn't remember if it was like that when I got it. I mean I look at the toy everyday in my case but I have not actually handled it in a few years.

9. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

I'm glad you posted this actually. I was looking at mine last weekend, and started to wonder about it myself:)