Classics Springer.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gamer, Jul 7, 2007.

1. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what I know, he wasn't origionaly going to be Springer. That and this doesn't stop them from making a mass produced Classics Springer, because if they did, the mold and most of the colors would be completely different from that of the Botcon Exclusive.

3. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Lame. Hope Classics 2.0 Gives us a Real "Classics" Springer, that can be the Cybertron one since that's what it is anyway.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's just a convention exclusive, don't get your panties in a bunch. The G1 "car" was a futuristic armored car, so the vehicle it does have works fine. The bot mode works decently as Springer too, so what's the big deal?

5. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

What is Classics 2.0?

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    exactly what it sounds like :p  more classics!

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics is coming back next year with Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Octane, Galvatron, and more...

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The continuation of the Classics line next fall. It's actually being put under the Transformers Univers line, but, it's basically a continuation of Classics, which was supposed to be dead, but, it's not, lol.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Nice vacation under that rock huh? :lolol  (I kid I kid, srsly) Hasbro, due in no small part to all the "Classics must continue" threads on TF fans sites, is continuing classics. Under the universe banner. They've announced Side swipe and Sunstreaker (Car brothers FTW) and Octane as being in the first wave to hit in fall '08. But no Dinobots, or Insecticons, or any other animal alted TF (they are going into the new show). No Blitzwing either (also for the new show).

10. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I like it, but have too much green and not yellow, and Springer is a triplechanger...

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ZOMG! IT'S NOT G1! :lol 

I'm actually surprised this is the first one of these I've seen.

Alright, enough acting like an ass...

Point 1: It's a convention exclusive which originally wasn't intended to be Springer, but was changed to be Springer. This doesn't stop Hasbro from making an actual Classics Springer that changes into an armored car/helicopter, but, frankly, it works well enough as a convention exclusive as it's also an armored car and the bot mode works well enough as well. If you don't want it that's cool too sense it's expensive to get ahold of one if you weren't at the convention.

Point 2: Classics 2.0 is the continuation of Classics next year as outlined at Botcon Hasbro Future Product Unveiling Pannel. However, what everyone seems to be forgeting is that the line is going to be called Transformers Universe. Not to mention 'Classics' wasn't ever the official title of the original line anyways...

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Honestly, the toy carries a perfect Springer vibe to it, even if it isn't actually the same alt mode. The rough and tough looking robot is a perfect fit, it's the kind of action first words later body that goes along with the comic version of Springer (from Marvel's G1, anyway)

And yeah, the original plan was to use this mold for Sentinel Prime, but plans change. In my opinion he looks great as Springer, even though he's got little in common with him beyond the head and some of the colours. He occupies a special spot with the others in my collection.

13. lars573

I don't like it because the toy is an uggo.

Yeah is wasn't anywhere on the packaging but the pegs were called classics. If you just went by the packages Classics was really RiD 2. :drunk 

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, to each his own. Frankly I like the mold and the colors are good for a Springer homage. Also, when a Classics Springer gets made in Universe I'll shunt him over to my Cybertron shelf as Cybertron Springer. Again though, don't know why too many people are beant out of shape over him (not talking about you), because he's a very expensive convention exclusive that most people would be happy to skip and ignore.

Well, true enough. Also, the deluxes and voyagers did say classic delux or classic voyager on the side and top of the packages. I've always considered 'Classics' Hasbro's unofficial name for the line.

15. IRONHIDE 2007

IRONHIDE 2007 POWER ISN'T EVERTHING!

Looks Cool,and I Don't Know Why They Change Him,but Hes Cool!

16. lars573

Well I don't like CDF Hot Shot either. That type of military vechicle alt mode just doesn't look right with lime green or baby blue colour schemes. I mean I completely understand why they did it. Cybertron Hot shots head is a dead wringer for Springer, but it doesn't work for me. Same with Weirdwolf. Not liking him either.

I feel it was official. But being classics they just went with a G1 esque Transformers robots in disguise on the packaging.

17. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I don't like his vehicle mode (Only because it's all grey, but I guess there wasn't much they could do with it. It has some really nice small details though) but the robot mode is 100% Springer.

18. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    At first when I saw this toy I had the knee jerk "THAT'S NOT A TRIPLE CHANGER...IT CAN'T BE SPRINGER!!!" reaction. But I really have come to enjoy it. That mold was a great choice. Even though it is not a triple-changer...BLASPHEMY!!!!

19. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Galvatron? Please tell me you're not just pulling names out of thin air. Please tell me your not just making a wishlist. Please tell me it's true! :D 

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not. He was said as being developed during BotCon by the Hasbro Reps. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker would be remolds of each other in the Deluxe size class. I'm pretty sure Jazz was name-dropped, or at least short listed as one they were giving serious consideration for further waves. Prowl is in a similar position, even moreso due to his repaint potential. Octane and Galvatron would be Ultra-class figures (since they're giving the Voyager size class to Animated. They said they're not going to have both Voyager and Ultra classes in one toyline anymore, because they're so similar in size that in previous lines, they were getting confused with one another, so they're splitting them between different toylines so that the packaging differentiates them).