Customs: Classics Springer: Which Base Figure to use?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by rodimuspwnzor, Aug 11, 2008.

1. rodimuspwnzor

rodimuspwnzor Nerd-O-tron

Ebay:
    Hey all,

I have been around for a little over a year, and have 2 projects in the works.

I am currently planning my 3rd while I finish the first 2, and teh enw one is going to be Springer. Now, I know that they are redeco'ing Evac from Cybertron into springer in teh fall, but it just occured to me that that mold wouldn't be a very strong candidate to add the car mode to.

Anyone have any suggestions? I head the one about Classics TankTane, but that one already has 2 modes, and I don't see them making a solid Springer.

Any Suggestions?

2. luke4

luke4 crocon

u could rescupt the plane in to a choppah and then make the oiltruck mode in to a futurisic vehichle.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about this myself, and it wouldn't be too hard to turn Tankor's plane-mode into a helicopter, and then turn the tanker truck into some sort of large futuristic armored truck.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I don't know. The fat plane mode would make a better Sandstorm copter than a Springer one.. Though it would be hard to turn that truck into a dune buggy.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you should just use an Excellion and forget about the third mode. That's what I would do. The head and car mode are reminiscint of Springer, but if you are looking for something to make him have two alt. modes, then I don't know

6. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    This isn't a bad idea since that figure can rotate the backpack, and his a peg hole behind the cockpit for a propeller.that just leaves tweaking the arms and legs to fit both modes. Also, you coud use the cyberkey activated wings for a futuristic helicopter tail/stabilizer. The head is pretty much perfect anyway. That'll give you a recon chopper-ish vehicle, and a futuristic car. Plus the transparent plastic is yellow already which helps a ton too.
    But what propeller would work in that port and could act as a sword for bot mode?

Leader megs?

If you feel ambitious for a reshell, what about something like transmetal cheetor, or Astrotrain? Astrotrain you could move the arms to the back in trainmode for the helicopter tail and maybe find some new legs or tweak his current for the cockpit. Which then leaves you arms at his sides for car mode or vice versa Maybe find a place to store repeller sword/weapon underneath? TM Cheetor would basicly be a protoform to find however you want him to fit in the shell.
    Sunstreaker could work too since once you drop the front head underneath, you can fold the arms out as the copter landing gear. Then just find a formation for the legs that'll suit the copter tail.
    [​IMG]
    The propeller/sword can be attached by making it attachable to the engine piece or you can attach it folded up as the engine on the hood piece, to give him massive vents/spotlights/canons on the front. Then it's just a matter of making sure the adapted legs and arms still fit for a futuristic car. Some RiD X-Brawn tired would help a ton since then you could fold them inside to hide the tires, or in the bottom ones case, turn it sideways so it can be the tail wheel.

Sentinel Prime's shield would come in handy for springers shield too. And 2 Rid Hightower Cockpit guns would give him some badass dual blasters.