Classics Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kurttkrueger, May 31, 2011.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I like Hasbro's answer to this question " How can we improve on G1 soundwave?"

2. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Music Label actually isn't all that expensive. I got my ML Soundwave for about $67 with free shipping, which when you think about it, isn't to bad at all.

And this. G1 Soundwave isn't a bad figure at all. He's just a little tall and needs knees.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    if you can get it get the music label, but for a great stand-in i recommend the cybertron soundwave

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    So? It's still a price higher then the average leader class for a figure the size of a deluxe.

5. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    That music label is nice, the price scared me off though.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I resited ML Soundwave for a long time but finally caved last year. It's a decent stand in for now. IMO none of the other Soundwave updates released are good. I'm keeping my eye on the BTS Sonicron to see how it turns out but I know Hasbro can give us a killer updated Soundwave in the Classics style sometime though. They need to get on it :lol 

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Music label Soundwave + reprolabels = rad.

8. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    If they had to reuse a CHUG mold for an updated Soundwave (with a modern alt mode), it'd most likely be Perceptor. A tape deck is probably too anachronistic for a profitable toy, G1 fan nostalgia or not.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here, but I'd find it hard to believe that we'll never had a cheaper mass release of one of the most iconic transformers in history, so I think we'll be alight. Until then however, there's always RTS Preceptor + painting skillz.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I agree with the Music Label recommendations, but still hope that an OFFICIAL Classics-style version is in the pipeline for next year... along with Shockwave, Hoist, the Insecticons, Brawn, Cosmos, Gears, Huffer, Skids, Trailbreaker, Springer, Blitzwing, Beachcomber & Wheelie to finish off the key character cast.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    music label hands down, cybertron is mediocre at best, fiddly transformation, the legs are as skinny as a pencil, and too much kibble, i have one, but i don't like it too much

12. kurttkrueger

kurttkrueger Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys, very helpful.

I've been keeping an eye on BTS Sonicron, and actually really like the look of the figure. He may have to do for now.

13. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

The Classics reissue of Soundblaster has been my Classics Soundwave for a long time now. He's the one and only G1 figure that I would ever consider putting in that line. He looks perfectly at home there IMHO.

14. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

war for cybertron is nice, but i really wanted the music label one and he is awesome. perfect effect makes a super rumble and frenzy to go with him.

15. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

the g1 reissue does look good next to the henkei megatron as well.

16. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Depends what you want - something that has an alt mode in-scale (almost) with other Classics? Go for WFC Soundwave.

Something that looks closest to G1 Soundwave? Go for music label. Cost should not be a prohibitive issue if the alternative that you're considering is BST Sonicron.

I still really like TFA Soundwave. Avoid if you don't like TFA stylings, though.

Alternatively, why not G1 Soundwave (reissue), works well alongside, say, Classics voyager Megatron.

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I don't placehold, I'm waiting for something to come out from Has/Tak. It's like people with the PCC Huffer in their Classiverse collection. In my mind, it doesn't fit, and it seems kinda silly to spend money on something to sit on your shelf solely to fill the empty space that will just be replaced by more spent money.

18. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    you mean like the OP already stated in his thread? ;) 

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've got a strange feeling that Classics Soundwave is going to have all the same problems we had with getting a deluxe sized Classic Jazz.

The movies will be used as an excuse to not release a Classics Soundwave and Transformers Prime will be used as an excuse to not release a Classics Soundwave. I think we are going to have to drive someone up the wall at Hasbro before they relent and give us the toy just so we will stop asking.

20. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I have the WFC version as my Classics Soundwave, and I think he looks decent. If you can afford it, obviously the ML is the best looking, but that's a pretty big "if" for most people.
    EDIT: Also, if you really care about him transforming into a boombox, don't hold your breath for a classics release. If he's ever released, he'll almost surely transform into an SUV or something...then again, if he would be disguised as a news van that would be almost as awesome as a boombox.