Classics Soundwave Re-Issue Question.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scrapper6, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Does the Laserbeak in this set suffer from mis-assembly in any way? I just came to realize that he seems to be suffering from a slight flaw, one side of his torso is not firmly snapped together hence why his right side weapon is much looser and not as tight as it should be when attached.

I'm just curious if this is a common thing with Laserbeak in this set, I'd also like to know if there's any way to snap him fully together without scratching off all the paint on his metallic parts. (I attempted it yesterday with one of those open/close wrenches and wound up scratching off some of the red paint.)

2. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

well the screws are under the cassette sticker, plus his leg details seem to be molded a bit thick

3. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    My Laserbeak is a bit too thick, so he doesn't fold up properly, making it harder to fit both cassettes in Soundwave's chest.

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Mine is the same, as is Sundor from the Kiss Players set.

5. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

if your talking about his wing, take a soldering iron tip to the pin and push it in until it sits equal to the other one. If your talking about the red colored plastic thing then you would need to take the front sticker off to get access to the screws and I don't think doing that is worth tightening one screw for so just leave it be. If its just a loose weapon then leave it be. and if I totally missed the point. lol...

6. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

There seems to be a problem with laserbeak with this set sadly. I have one that has a problem with his left leg while in cassette mode, it won't fold all the way up properly. I had to inspect Soundwave after Soundwave at my local toys r' us through the top of the box to finally find one that was decent. I think the mold is degrading from so much use in recent years. I have encore Soundwave as well, but I have not inspected the laserbeak that comes with him yet.