Heavy/Scratch: Classics Slipstream

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Miggytron, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Here's my WIP of everyone's favorite female Starscream clone in Classics form. Basically I took a Classics Starcream, a lot of sandpaper, some glue, some styrene and Iron Man arms to come up with this.

It's been real fun trying to figure out ways to feminize the ultra blocky Classics Seeker mold. The biggest mod is probably the chest. I sawed off the two chest panels and glued them back closer together to emulate a female bust.

At first I tried rounding out the seeker arms but they were just too blocky and her shoulders were too far apart that way. So I found some Iron Man arms and puttied them to the arm mounts. Note that the arm mount are not flipped out for bot mode like they would be for the other seekers.

[​IMG]

The head has been shaved down a lot to give the more pyramid shaped silhouette that she had in animated. I plan to add a V-shaped crest on her forehead that covers her nose after I'm done painting.

[​IMG]

Both the upper and lower legs have been sanded to be rounder to try to make them look like Uggs or something. Unfortunately there's no way to give her a butt. :p 

None of these mods affect the alt mode so she is fully transformable. The only issue in jet mode is the very obvious arm kibble. I'm working on a jetpack for her to use in bot mode that will split and become booster rockets/arm covers in alt mode.

I just painted her so while I wait for it to cure I figured I'd share. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. reptileman

reptileman Well-Known Member

:) Cool! Nice job.

3. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

i like i like, hurry up with the paint lol

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    this is full of promise!

5. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

That's neat.
    The head's a little funky, but with some paint, this'll look great.

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Cant wait to see more. This is going to be fantastic. Just needs slimmer legs but not much you can do bout that. lol. I enjoy your work.

7. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

That's cool. Can't wait to see it painted.

8. Miggytron

Thanks guys!

It's all a little funky since these pics were taken before I was really done bashing and definitely before fine sanding. Everything's been primered and she's drying as we speak. I'm gonna take my time and let her cure real good cause my Sunstorm experience nearly drove me insane due to impatience.

Hopefully the paint will create the illusion of a skinny girl wearing big ass boots. That's why I sanded off all the sharp lines and rounded it out.

9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome! I was trying to think of a way to do this. That chest mod is perfect and the Iron Man arms really work. Can't wait to see how it turns out

10. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    nice work making the figure more feminine. id like to see the pics after the fine sanding was done, btw.
    have you uh....considered adding boobs? nm.

11. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

i like this! i'm a slipstream fanboy ever since her debut and this is very kickass! :D 

12. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    looks good
    i hope all these sand was removed before painting

i dig her alot

13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I do have a question, do she still TF the way normal/unmodded Seekers do?....or has that been changed too?

14. Miggytron

The whole chest area IS supposed to look like boobs hehe. There's a part of me that wants to fill it in and make the chest a solid shape as opposed to how it looks now with the wheels still as nipples.

Big fan of your Devastator WIP BTW.

Same transformation yeah. The cockpit will still swing out and the legs still collapse. Looking at it from above, it looks like any other Seeker.

The only difference is the arms which I'll need to scratch build something to cover up in Jet mode. Also, the chest sticks out more, so it may sit at more of an angle than a regular seeker.

15. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    eh you can get away with that in alt mode, cuz it's underneath.

Honestly as long as you skinny up the thighs, the shins can stay however you make em, because they'll look like big boots.

I'm very looking forward to this project!

16. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Looks great, can't wait to see it finished!

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

VERY nice work on this. I like the modifications you did without compromising the transformation.

18. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

looks pretty awesome..im sure someones mentioned the head before...it looks a little weird..not really the shape, but the fact that she has the 'no neck' of the seeker mold.. it kinda takes away some of the feminine aspect up top.. definitely wanna see the finished product though.

19. Miggytron

I need some advice on the paint scheme actually. In both Animated and WFC, her jet cockpit is purple/lavender while the wings and rear of the jet is blue. This kind of works because everything is somewhat triangular.

By contrast, the Classics mold has mostly square shapes, especially the big square midsection. So I'm toying with three options:

1) Alt mode is completely blue with purple accents only on the wings, nosecone and rear foil - This is the simplest solution. Plane might look drab.

2) Cockpit and mid section are completely purple, everything else blue with purple accents - I think this version will look jarring because the color will drastically change between the body, wing and rear section.

2) Cockpit is purple, mid section is a mix of purple and blue (triangle pattern), everything else blue with purple accents - I think this has the best shot since the transition from purple to blue will not follow the shape of the body. It'll create an artificial grad. Of course it could look cheesy as hell.

I was hoping the little section of cockpit that sticks out above the chest would serve as her neck. Observation noted but not sure if there's anything I can do about it.

20. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very cool! Nice thruster boobs and a nice little triangle shape on the crotch. :thumbs2: