Minor/Repaint: Classics Skywarp

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PkmnMstr, Jul 28, 2011.

1. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

Straightforward repaint from Thundercracker to Skywarp. There are still some extremely minor bits of blue that I couldn't get at. But those are only visible from specific angles. As with my previous Skywarp repaints, the purple is not captured as well on camera. It's more characteristically Skywarp in person.

I've seen many other people do this repaint, but I never liked their selected paint apps or hues of purple. I tried to make mine close to G1, but with a few minor changes here and there.

I found this mold rather difficult to paint. At least, more difficult than I thought it would be. The hardest part for me was probably the paint apps on the wings. They're not perfect, but they came out really well.

It's pictured with Thundercracker as a before and after. I do not own any Starscreams. At all. And I don't plan to. Except for the TF Prime toys.

A couple of the pictures are mildly blurry, I'll retake them later if enough people want me to.

EDIT: Also, there ARE some minor rub issues, but they're not TOO noticeable and I don't feel like sanding, not do I have the sandpaper to do it with.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      237.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      256.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      220.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      205.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      195 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      207.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      223.2 KB
      Views:
  2. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's pretty solid. For a sec, I was wondering what you did to it since I thought I was looking at the Classics release. I agree on the purple that you used. I think it looks exactly right.

3. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

i want proof this isn't store bought.

kidding. paint apps is flawless.

4. PkmnMstr

Hah. The Classics release looked weird to me, it had just a tad too much purple on it. I also didn't like the silver striping in jet mode. I think Simpler looks better.

Thanks! And trust me, see it in person and you'll see the flaws. Only close up though. From a distance, it looks pretty sweet.

5. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

nice! i have to get 2 thundercrackers to do this myself, did you dye it black or paint it?

6. PkmnMstr

I painted it. I haven't tried dying yet. Thundercracker is a good mold to repaint(into Skywarp specifically) because the blue plastic is pretty dark.

7. simified

simified Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree, the purple you used is a great look. As far as the stripes on the wings go, I only noticed them not being even because you mentioned it. If you wouldn't had said anything I never would have caught it. Overall, EXCELLENT job!!!

8. PkmnMstr

Heh, thanks.