Classics Skywarp Vs. Ultra Magnus 2-pack Release Date 2/04/07

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dark Magnus, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I checked the DPCI at work last night and this two pack is going to be set on an endcap the WEEK OF 2/04/06. Product should start arriving 2-3 weeks before that date, so look for this to start popping up in back rooms sometime next week.

Just because it wasn't carried over from the original thread I posted all of this information in, here's the DPCI for your backroom searches: 087-06-1911

2. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Start looking around January 28th

I dont know how long the guy has worked at target. BUT i have been an electronics/toys team lead at Target for about 9 years and i can tell you we DO NOT get product for salesplanners in 2-3 weeks before the set date. We get product about 1 week before the set date.

With a set date of 2/4 for the exclusives i wouldnt expect product in until around january 28/29.

However, even if we do get them early Target has a policy not to sell them until the street date. I understand that most targets probably break the rules or you can find some level 1 that doesnt know the policy. However, if you came to my target we would not go to the back and pull these out for you. You would have to wait until febuary 4th. Sorry, guys but remember patience is a virtue!!

3. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    I'm a pog team lead and when sales planner product comes in is really a crapshoot depending on what area the sales planners are for. We were getting toy sales planner product about 2 weeks before the 12/31 transition. Like I said, it varies from department to department.

I repeat, A SET DATE IS NOT A STREET DATE. Nothing in Target has a street date except for music, movies and books, video games and video game systems, high end electronics like Ipods and the like, and the very rare toy (Star Wars movie toys and TMX spring to mind). If every planogram date was a street date, my team wouldn't be able to set a week ahead of schedule when we have light weeks.

I'd think 9 years with the company you would have been told the difference between a set date and street date at least once.

Also, the collectible policy is in place more so for Hotwheels, Star Wars, and Mcfarlane collectors who want team members to bring out cases for one chase figure or car. I see no harm in pulling out product from the back before the set date if the guest wants to make the sale. Targets replenishment system is good enough that the endcap will get refilled withing a week's time.

4. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I misspoke geeze

I am sorry I accidentally put "street date" in my post . Trust me I know the difference between street dates set dates and availabillity dates. I have also worked plano for an extended time as well as electronics where availability and street dates play a big role. Thanks for trying to make this a personal attack on my intelligence though.

I also realize that planners vary by store and by area as far as when you get product in. However, I still have never seen sales plan product come in 2-3 weekd before the set date. Usually when stuff comes in early its for other reasons. You mentioned toys came in 2 weeks early this year for the last batch of salesplanner. This was due to the fact that they were coming in as part of the "toys transition" and they happened to be in both the transitioning aisles and salesplanners. For stand alone salesplanners like this one is going to be. We will probably not see the product until a week to a week and a half of the set date.

As for what you said about collectibles. The signs that state the toy policy on collectibles are not just for a few select items. They are to be posted every four feet in both the action figure aisle and the hot wheel aisle. They include wrestling figures, marvel figures, transformers, hotwheels, star wars, macfarlane etc etc etc. The reason you should never pull stuff out of the stockroom for a guest goes further though.

Read targets recent postings that should be available at all stores from your HR. Target has made a huge effort lately to lay out rules for team members actions. On this posting it clearly states that no team member can BUY OR SELL a product from the backroom that is not currently on the sales floor. This is actually an offense that can lead to direct termination. In fact, one team member in our district has already been fires for selling a product (like a transformer) out of the backroom to a collector before the street date.

Even if it wasnt a rule that target has though, it is simply unethical to do what you say. All shoppers including children should have the same options to buy these toys on the shelf. You should never sell something to someone out of the backroom simply because they have a leaked out dpci for the item. All that does is ensure that not all of our guests have the same opportunities to buy such items. If you dont belive me that it is a terminable offense i will post a copy of the posting for you.

5. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    An i am sorry i said street date again - its the word that on my mind the most because i currently am in entertainment all the time

6. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Also, dark magnus, do you know what else will be on that endcap. I have checked the DPCI and Plano # in the MSA and the ONLINE MSA for 3 days straight and the pog comes up not in the system yet.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Thanks OptimusSolo and Dark Magnus for your insights. My retail management experience being in the past, but I still like to see behind the curtain from time to time.

Can't wait to get Skywarp so my Jetfire has someone to dogfight. :thumb 

8. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    Sure thing, I know for a fact there are two Star Wars battle packs on the endcap along with the Magnus/Skywarp 2-pack. POG number in my system is A119ALD.

POGs don't drop into the MSA nad Online MSA until 2 weeks before the set date. I've tried viewing past SPLs before 2 weeks out and it's always come back "No planograms found." The best I can liken it to is when we still received paper planograms and they didn't arrive in store mail until 2 weeks prior to the sets. Also I believe that most planogram numbers get re-used throughout the year for different planograms, so it would proabaly cause some weirdness in the system to have 2 planograms with the same number in the system. So the POG number should drop into the system on 1/21.

As for your other posts...

Wasn't trying to make it a personal attack on your intelligence, was just laying out the difference between the two for the benefit of non-team members who would get confused by your mis-step. Also I didn't rule out that you wouldn't know the difference since I have run into team members who have been with the company longer than I have and know significantly less about the inner workings of Target.

Also, PM me about where I can find the other material you were talking about. I rarely check anything besides the Plano message boards so there's a chance I missed it.

I know it's a terminable offense to pull collectibles from the back, but I've never seen it enforced. I always figured it was one of those rules that would only get enforced if someone was looking to get you shitcanned.

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Sorry, this might be a little out of the blue, but when you say "Plano", do you mean Plano, TX?

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Do we know how many a store gets per assortment(box)? Are they packed 4 to a case?

11. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    or you can, ya know, check my earlier posts in this thread like a page back

"plano" = planogram = POG

12. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:

Oh....*feels dumb now* :eek: 

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Soon, very soon!!:thumb 

14. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target stores have gotten these types of items instock over a month before they are scheduled to be out (universe nemesis prime, landfill/devastator, classics) and my experience is 9/10 times someone will go pull them out for you.

15. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    woah. something definetly changed there. sorry about that. why the heck was i thinking that this info wasn't listed here before? don't tell me i posted in the wrong thread again? well, it's human error and it shall be fixed.

I asked you a new question on the previous page.

16. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I must be the 1/10 time. I hardly ever get Target sales people to pull anything out of the back.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Don't you have Starscream?

I happened to get Jetfire last night.
    He is ten shades of awesome.

18. Scourge

Scourge I shall rise again

Cool i cant wait till my contact at target get these in, My targets around here have no problem pulling from the backroom to make a sale. As a matter of fact any target that i goto wont pull from the back room i will not shop at since transformers are not a collectable item they are toys. thanks for the info Dark magnus

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. Thanks for the info and the entertainment Dark Magnus! :lol  I'll check our computers at work to see if I can find some in my backroom. We may have gotten them in while I was off sick. Seeing as we did get the Universe Constructicons in over a whol month and a half before it was supposed to be set if you recall?

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    hey scourge, most toys can be collectable items thats why they dont pull them...and while most of the time its the marvel legends chases or the hot wheels uber special cars that people are hunting, but they cant just say no hot wheels, so they say no toys...but you just gotta find the right person to help ya out....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.