Classics Skywarp & Ultra Magnus OUT

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yea Baby Let The Hunt Begin!

2. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, I'll check them out this morning.:dj 

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah we tried that too, no luck.

Havent had time to hit up any other Target yet...maybe this weekend.

4. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

Here Is Some IMPORTANT INFO

Hello all.
    In Dayton Ohio I went to the Target on 725 between I-75 and I-675 by the Dayton Mall and the had the Classics Magnus and Skywarp in stock in the back room. They would not pull it however stating they could be fined and such.

BUT the Target off of Wilmington pike the Wilmington Pike exit Off of I-675(Sugarcreek Target) Had them and pulled them for me. The employee even confirmed it with a supervisor. She pulled a whole case opened it and gave me the one I asked for (yes I only bought one). I believe she put the others on the shelf in the TRANSFORMERS aisle. So if your in the Dayton, Ohio area run dont walk to TARGET

Here is the Picture.............

[​IMG]

5. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Okay question, okay actually can barely see it in there. $20 will be spent on that. (then I gotta get cracking on finishing that line (Cliffjumper I may say nay to though)

6. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I found these guys at a Target in Minnesota last night. I had to have them pull them from the back, which is what I did with the first wave of classics and what I tried to do with Jetfire (ended up finding him on the shelves).

Here's a tip I've picked up doing these pulls. Each store will have one of three DIY scanners -- 1) The really old scanners that just list price of a UPC scanned 2) The intermediate scanners which take a UPC and list price as well as if there is any back stock, and 3) A scanner that does the same thing as #2, but that also allows you to key in a DPCI to find the information.

If your store has #3 you can do everything yourself, otherwise you're going to have to get a store employee involved. As has been mentioned certain employees walk around with scanner guns on their hips. These people can key in DPCI numbers into the scanners and let you know what the stock looks like. However, these people can be difficult to find so I usually use the service counter.

The trick involved with the service counter is that employees frequently will not know much about how their system works. From what I've been told by employees working at the counter it sounds like each DPCI lookup done on a terminal at the counter gets the employee near (maybe the same page?) to the DPCI you're looking for, but not exactly to it. It's up to the employee at that point to page through a few DPCIs to find the one you are looking for.

For example, last night I had the employee key in 087-06-1191 (Magnus vs Skywarp). She told me that they had 6 in the back and I requested that they pull one. As soon as she printed the ticket to call in the number I saw that it said 087-06-1167 (the Classics Voyager DPCI) which I knew was wrong. She didn't seem to know how to page through the results, which is not atypical, so we ended up having a stock guy key in the exact DPCI to do a stockroom locate on it.

So, I doubt that an employee is going to lie to you, but if you don't quite believe them that they have "none in the back" I suggest having them do an item locate to find the closest stores that have the item. When they print this out for you it will list the DPCI that they had up on the screen, at which point it will be very clear whether or not the employee knows what s/he is doing.

7. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Okay just read that and no likey, as my closest Target is the only one I know how to get to and the other isn't even built yet.

8. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess what I hate about the packaging

the "only at target" sticker, we don't have target stores in Sweden :cry 

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If we hadn't had someone who says he's a Target employee stating he does just that in this very thread, I'd be with you.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    And I guarantee you that if he were caught lying to the guest he'd get a very nice reprimand and a possible write up. An employee would never lie to a guest. If we can't do it than we say so, but this is a set date and not a street date. Unfortunately... some of these guys just don't understand the difference.

In other news, I checked my backroom last night while I was at work and in our PDAs. Nothing at the Brandon Target right now. However, according to the truck manifests for the week *thank you for showing me boss!* we should get some on one of the trucks this week. So, hopefully the manifest is correct and I'll be able to get one soon, but it has been incorrect before.

11. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well the star wars battlepacks on that endcap were spotted in California this past saturday so nyaah! :lol 

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay! Just had a very friendly Target Employee get me a set from the back of the Target Manhattan Beach, Cali.:rock 

13. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    :p 

14. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Good lord

Ok first of all, For the 500th time i know the difference between street dates, availability dates, and set dates can we put that to rest.

Second, I am not against people getting product from the back, i have done this for people before many times i am a collector myself i would never be hypocritical about this if it wasnt for our particular target cracking down on it.

Third, I was told by multiple Team leads, etls and even a stl over the last 9 years i have worked at target that sometime you should just "act" like you check inthese cases and then tell the guest we dont have any (to lie pretty much) because they said it was easier than fight with them about why we couldnt pull it for them. This was all before target started posting collectible notices all over the place etc. So, maybe they wouldnt tell me to lie now a days. So obviously i wouldnt get 'written up etc' for lying since they told me to.

Fourth, i am working an overnight tonight so i will finally have a chance to copy the policy without getting in trouble for vandalizing our bulletin boards which belive it or not we have had a problem with lately lol.

To avoid the whole problem of collectors etc not being able to get them out of the back i set the endcap this morning as soon as i got there so everyone could get them. We usually try to do this to avoid any problems (hence obviously i know the difference between set, street, availability dates etc.)

15. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stop the debate on store policy. If you want to debate the differences in opinion on Target store policy take it to PM.

Get the thread back on topic, which is Classics Skywarp and Ultra Magnus, NOT the differences between dates or other various Target employee policies.

- TFW2005 Staff

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I got my set (thanks Optimusfan!) just before Target closed last night. My next stop was the bar, so I brought Skywarp inside for a cocktail!

Magnus stayed in the car in the trunk. Yutz.

17. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gessing that if Laser Op doesn't have 'em at his store yet, they're not at mine 15 minutes down the road, either. Keep us posted, LO.

-Tony!

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Actually, did a check last night using the PDAs to see if any of the stores in our district have it in stock. The only two off the top of my head that show any stock of these guys is the New Tampa Super Target (which had 18 in stock as of last night) and the North Dale Mabry Target (which had 12 in stock as of last night).

Also, come to think of it, I believe the South Lakeland store had 18 in stock too. A few others in the district had some, but I didn't pay much attention to them sense they aren't that close to me. Which store is the one you're 15 minutes away from Omegatron1?

19. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, we got our 12 in off last nights truck. Didn't get one though, but I'll probably pick one up after the weekend.

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :lol  I'm sending my wife to the New Tampa store after she gets off work. She was like: "Great... just what I wan to do after work..." Still, here's hoping we get some in at my store soon...