Classics Skywarp or Magnus or Both

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by DeeJay, Mar 24, 2007.

1. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

*edit*
    Oh man... I just gained new respect for those of you who run online toystores...

3 sets paid. 1 set pending. 5 on the waiting list... :S

If you have something pending, please e-mail me if you need to make other arrangements, to ship outside the US, etc. paypal is prefered. money order is okay if you don't have paypal. Screaming at me until I reply to your PM is okay too, now that I figured out how to archive my inbox.

2. yyh2046

yyh2046 Well-Known Member

PM'ed

3. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    *bump*

PM returned.

1 set sold, 2 sets in hand.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    PM'd

5. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    PM returned. 2 sets down, 1 magnus and skywarp left (after which I'll check for more)

6. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So you are selling $14 sets of items that are still in stores as we speak for $15 per figure!?! So for all the mods in here, I have a question... are there no rules about scalping on tfw? I mean if not then DeeJay proceed! But word to the wise...go to Target. These sets are on clearence for $13.78 as you read this. Not hating, but I don't support OVERCHARGING for items that are still available in stores. I mean Look at the pic he used... it has the Clearence sticker still on them on the upper right hand corner! LOL, LMAO...

7. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

at the rates hes charging he's only making about 5$ a set, its not really scalping imo....if i didn't already have the sets i'd pay for them. Saves trouble of getting them yourself.

8. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

If it's not impolite to hijack someone else's thread... My local Target had about four of these boxes on sale as of yesterday afternoon. Anyone who's looking to buy a set and can't get it locally, let me know soon and I'll see what I can do.

9. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    0.o

My apologies to anyone who can get this set for 14, and is instead paying me [non-clearance price + 4 bucks] to ship the set to them.

Please do confirm that someone is scalping before you accuse them of it. This set has been clearanced. That means that it's been available for a long time to anyone... in the US... with a Target store near them.

You're right. Again, my apologies to everyone for lying because I didn't state this out loud:
    I PAID $13.98 FOR THIS SET, PLUS TAX, PLUS $7 AND CHANGE TO SEND IT TO YOU, PLUS FIFTY-FIVE CENTS FOR DELIVERY CONFIRMATION, PLUS MY TIME AND EFFORT, PLUS MY GAS MONEY, PLUS SEARCHING 3 DIFFERENT STORES IN 3 DIFFERENT CITIES BEFORE I FOUND THEM. I'M RIPPING YOU OFF.

Wait, are we calling me on the carpet for overcharging and deception, or are we insulting me for being forthright about what I paid for the items? Now I'm confused.

10. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry DeeJay.. here i'll post so it bumps your thread back up to the top. Go get em Tiger! I laugh at people who charge extra on items they are selling due to gas money! LOL. I mean come on.. if you cut your finger on the cardboard packaging are we going to incur the charges of Neosporin and Band-Aids too??? GTFOOH!!!!!!

11. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    3rd set sold. I'm headed back to Target today.

12. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    *bump* plenty more if there's still interest.

13. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

In DeJay's defence, some of us don't have a Target near by and we count on people like him to be kind enough to pick up a few extra sets. Hell, that's the only way I got Universe Devastator. I my self would pick up a set, but Shane already picked one up for me (living in the same state helps for lower shipping prices:)  )

14. Optimus8404

Optimus8404 Autobot Commander. RIP Nov 2107

Ebay:
    Heck $20 shipped would be a better deal. But no one told you to go to 3 different cities to find these guys.

15. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    Well Sparky, looks like you get the last laugh. I got a bunch of sets at $15 the day before they dropped them to $5. And Clearance items aren't price-adjustable.

16. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

How much is it off clearance for just Skywarp?

17. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    If I had found any more sets today, I'd sell Skywarp for 7 bucks shipped. I didn't, so I still have him at 15. There's a bunch of people that DID get the set for 5, so I guess ask around.

18. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    Actually, tell you what. I'm already stuck with these, so I might as well get _something_ back out of them. I'll send you a Skywarp for 7 + 5 shipping.

I know, that's awfully generous, considering the set now costs less than what I'm asking just for skywarp. See page 1 for standard response to my scalping.
    </sarcasm>

19. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

If you still have a set, I'd like to have it.. :D 

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I honestly did not see the price you were asking as scalping considering you had the shipping thrown in there. Original retail was $20. For people that don't have a Target nearby and would've gladly paid retail, $4 for shipping is not bad. Especially since they would've had to pay taxes in the store. So the shipping is actually less than that. Now you obviously pay more than $3 for shipping, but you got them for only $14 so that makes the difference.

These people that are accusing you of scalping need to do the math first.