Minor/Repaint: Classics Skywarp in Purple.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Christopher-2, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Nothing spectacular, I just painted up a Classics Skywarp in the style that best suits him (So none of that HOT PINK!). Unfortunately, I need to sell him. Since a lot of people want one like this, I thought I'd share an option. So if you want him, he's not that expensive, and the best part is that you don't have to compete with any bidders. Listing is here...

Custom G1 or henkei style Classics Skywarp (Authentic!) - eBay (item 170654458113 end time Jun-22-11 21:40:26 PDT)

I mixed elements from various skywarps, such as the all purple launchers seen in the show. What do ya'll think?

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    I know someone here in Holland who really wants him, to bad I don't know his phone number and by the time he reads my email I just send it will prolly be sold :( 

GREAT WORK MAN!!!!

3. Pyps

Pyps Germany┬┤s Customizer

nice work. But I think there could be some more details...

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Hey man... my friend may contact you... he didn't thought it was original ... I told him what you did, apparently he didn't read or understand what you did :D 

but then he made a valid point, he said it stated you don't send to the Netherlands....
    If he does decide to contact you he will refer to me and would like to thank you if you'd be willing to make an exception!

this peace is beautiful ;) 

5. smiller0570

smiller0570 Maximal

Ebay:
    This is a good repaint. Its better than Hasbro's pinkish color. Just curious what purple paint did you use. I'm wanting to do a dotm skywarp, but can't find the right purple. I really like your purple choice. Anyways nice repaint.

6. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

That's not bad. Although I like mine better.(duh, since I sorta made it to my taste >_< )
    But mine is a repaint of Thundercracker.

The all purple null rays are show accurate, but I think it throws off the color scheme a bit. It might be due to the size of them. In the show they were a lot smaller.

Aside from minor color scheme preferences, nice job.

7. simified

simified Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ditto! I just picked one up myself and I'm thinking about repainting the pinkish parts a better shade of purple. Is that Gameworks Liche Purple?

8. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! Actually, I painted it using Testors Acrylic Purple, shouldn't be hard to find. I made good use of it when painting my cyclonus. It takes two light coats to apply and you can use a white tip brush without leaving any brush stroke marks! That's what I did anyway.

Ironically, My first classics thundercracker and (that of many others) was a repaint of skywarp!

I lost skywarp's original null rays years ago, so I picked up a few from the junk box and figured "Let's do something diffirent!" and that was that. I can live with it.

And I think I saw your skywarp. It's awesome. Thanks.

And thank you all who commented so far!

9. smiller0570

smiller0570 Maximal

Ebay:
    Thanks! I will look in my local hobby stores for it.

10. simified

simified Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a basic purple color that isn't metallic in the hobby stores where I live. I ended up buying Tamiya Purple since I didn't want the hassle of ordering I jar of paint off the internet. Mine turned out pretty good.

11. smiller0570

smiller0570 Maximal

Ebay:
    Went to Michaels yesterday thinking they might have it and found testors acrylic gloss purple. Didn't know if your's was gloss or plain purple. I bought it anyways and it looks good for skywarp. Thanks for letting me know what paint you used and again great repaint.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Hmm...I always looked at Classics Skywarp as having more of a grape shade of purple on him than hot pink. It matches Takara MP Skywarp rather nicely. Oh well, nice work.