Minor/Repaint: Classics Skywarp - Finished

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kraken, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hi guys, remember I started working on turning a Classics Starscream into Skywarp whilst, ahem, under the influence a while ago? I would put a link to that particular thread but searching is still disabled and I can't be arsed to trawl the board for it. Suffice to say it wasn't a very good start. However when I continued work on him, things got even worse.

I tried removing a couple of pins, and the plastic around them literally crumbled to pieces :(  In digust I didn't bother dis-assembling him, and just knocked him out in about 3-4 hours one night.

He's a very basic repaint, done with all Citadel paints, and clear-coated with Future. No washes, no shading, no highlights, based on the official Classics Skywarp with Reprolabelled wing stripes. I actually did no extra detailing on purpose as I feel he'll fit better with my other Seekers who are unpainted (except Ramjet, but more of him later)

This one picture of him is Jet mode is the only time he will ever be seen in that form, as the rub issues with this mould are frankly ridiculous without being able to take him apart.

Anyhoo's, here he is, apologies for the crappy iPhone pics, my better camera is knackered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And woah! I hadn't realised how shiny that sliver was!

Attached Files:

2. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

From what I can tell it looks really clean. Nice attention to detail without overwhelming. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was factory with repro-labels. Nice!

3. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

The only deluxe seeker mold I have is Thundercracker. If I never procure multiples to make the others, I will eventually turn him into Skywarp since he's my favorite. Very nice btw. The purple seems a bit dark for my taste, has a maroonish feel to it. I think it would be better if it matched the striping on the wing. Either way, good job. Looks really smooth.

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Cheers guys, like I say, he's a leeetle bit rough around some of the hinges. Rub points on this mould are a nightmare, but overall I'm quite happy with the finish to say he's completely hand painted.

PkmnMstr, the purples are actually a lot closer match in person, although it is still darker than the actual Classics Skywarp which I feel borders on being pinkish.

Thanks for your comments :D 

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd like to see more photos of this! It looks really nice.