Digibash: Classics Skyfire Idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. This idea came to me recently while looking at someone elses digibash that they were planing to kitbash, so I decided to come up with my own digibashes for this idea that I might do in the future. It involves parts from a Classics Starscream along with some intensive mods (well, intensive for someone of my ability). It would also involve a replacement head (haven't decided on which one to go with yet). Like most, if not all, of my kitbash ideas, I'm not going for any level of G1 accuracy with it, though this one does homage many details, imo, of the origional character. I started with the alt-mode, using Redline's digibash as a base for it (seen here), as it had the basic look of the jet mode for it, and was also what inspired me to come up with this kitbash idea. I'll probably start working on a new digibash of the alt-mode, as there are some major differences between the current one, and what I plan to do with this bash. I started, and pretty much finished, the bot-mode today, though I haven't decided on what head to use. Personally, I really like how my digibashes turned out. Not exactly what I envisioned, but, close enough to give you people the gist of it. I've been basing the design of multiple Skyfire pictures I've found, taking what I think are the best traits of each one and combining them. As always, thanks for looking, and please keep it civil. Even though I haven't made a final decision for the head yet, I'm leaning towards that of the Titanium Jetfire mold. Also, if I were to do this bash, the head would come off to transform, and probably stow away in a compartment in his backback. He would also get a new gun to cary around with him. Well, that's all I can think of to say, lol, if anybody's actually reading this, thanks for the patience. I'll be going to bed here soon. Again, thanks for looking.

Skyfire alt-mode:
    [​IMG]

Skyfire bot-mode:
    [​IMG]

Skyfire test head 1 (from Classics Jetfire):
    [​IMG]

Skyfire test head 2 (from Titanium Jetfire):
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    The only problem I can see with that is replacing the head in such a way that it can still transform back to jet mode. If you can do that using Classics Jetfire's unhelmeted head, that would rock.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I thought about it, and with my talent, there's no way I could do it by myself, so I've decided to go with having it come off for transformation and stow away in his backpack-

I'd rather have a nice looking head, that can represent the character, than have a small mishapen head that doesn't really look right imo.

4. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    Brilliant idea!!! And c.Jetfire's head is small enough that it should work. I really like the idea of the head rattling around in the backpack. It should make this VERY ambitious custom much easier.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. If I do end up using the Cl. Jetfire head for it, I plan to get the yellow KO of it, and either modify that head and paint it for this kitbash, or mod it and use if for my Cl. Jetfire, while using the head from Jetfire for this. I'll probably end up just using the KO's head for the kitbash, as I'd rather not mess up my Jetfire's head. Also, if I do this bash, it won't be for a while (probably next summer sometime at the earliest.). If I can make it to 2009's Botcon, I'll probably enter one of my kitbashes into the contest for fun.