Classics Sideswipe & Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ChopperByrne, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

What's the difference between the Standard and Deluxe versions?

Is it just glossier paint or is it better quality plastic too?

2. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Henkei Sunstreaker: better plastic, deeper yellow, chrome weapons, chrome spoiler, chrome rear engine. Much better than the Universe release in a lot of people's (including mines) opinions.

Universe Sunstreaker: more yellowish plastic, normal grey weapons, plastic spoiler, grey engine (back mounted in robot mode), not bad, but the Henkei release blows it out of the water.

Pictures are here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...torial-comparisons-warning-lots-pictures.html

3. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Actually, I think we need a definition of what you mean by Standard and Deluxe as both figures are Deluxe size class, and I'm not aware of any other size classes for them.

If you're referring to the Henkei and Universe versions, those are the differences between the Japan and North American releases of the figure. If you want to see them, just look up the reviews for the 'Classics' and 'Henkei' versions of the figures respectively. In most cases, since the Henkei version usually came out later, the reviews contain a comparison to the Universe/Classics version.

4. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    IIRC, Henkei Sideswipe doesn't have the booster pack.

5. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

This I wasn't aware of.

I see them listed on sale sometimes just as Classics and sometimes as Classics Deluxe.

So the only difference is between the Hasbro and Henkei versions and Henkei is generally considered better.

Thanks to all who replied.

Just checked this and it appears that Henkei Sunstreaker does come with it, but Henkei Sideswipe doesn't.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Classics and Classics Deluxe will be referring to the same figure. "Deluxe" is a size class within the Classics/Universe line. And Henkei isn't necessarily better, it's really a personal decision. For example, I'd say the yellow on Sunstreaker is better and the chrome fits the character, whereas the chrome on Sideswipe is out of place and he's missing his rocket pack.

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fixed

8. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are both the same quality and grade of plastic too. I don't know why the first reply would say the Henkei has better plastic. Build quality wise they are exactly the same.

They basically come down to a matter of aesthetics. Which color and paint apps appeal to you the most.

9. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Perhaps my wording should have been "deeper yellow plastic, almost orange" for the Henkei description.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I think the main thing it boils down to is whether or not you like chrome and the slight variation of the shade of the plastic color. I have Classics Sideswipe and Sunstreaker and Henkei Red Alert. The plastic QUALITY is identical. If the money isn't an issue to you and you like chrome, I'm sure the Henkei versions are for you. If you want to save money and chrome isn't your thing, the Classics versions are perfectly fine and cheaper.