Customs: Classics Sideswipe leg swap - how to fix the feet?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sammael, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

Jan 10, 2007
    News Credits:
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I recently got the Classics (Universe 2.0) Sideswipe and decided to swap the legs to further differentiate him from Sunstreaker. The mod was easy (unscrew 3 leg screws... pull legs out... swap... screw back together), and the new look is very nice (engine cover facing to the front), but I have a lot of stability issues, because the feet are now positioned at an awkward angle.

Since I'm guessing I'm not the only one to have done this simple mod, I'm asking for -simple- solutions to this problem - ones that don't require working with the greenstuff or cutting and gluing several parts together, if possible.
  2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Nov 18, 2007
    This sounds similar to a few others that I've seen. If I remember correctly, you'll either need to cut off some of the feet (on top) or cut some of the under side of the area where the feet meet the leg in bot mode.

Post some pics and we can help you figure this out easier. I'm pretty sure you can simply cut or grind down the feet or the area above them in bot mode to have fit more flush. I've seen some customs where the feet were left that odd angle and I didn't like them (the toes were pointed out to the left and right and it just looked really goofy).

Good luck with this and if you can, get some shots like I asked and we can help you figure out.