Classics Sideswipe issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

The Universe/Classics Sideswipe I got for Christmas had two left (or right, I don't remember now) ankle pieces. This made the foot pop off during transformation and made him stand funny. In all the Christmas chaos, the packaging got thrown away before I found this out. Since I couldn't take it back to the store, I emailed Hasbro about it. They told me they would send me a shipping label so I could ship it back for a replacement. I got the label and shipped it back. That was a couple weeks ago. Just yesterday I got a letter back saying that Sunstreaker was out of stock. I'm like...it wasn't Sunstreaker, it was Sideswipe.

I can't call them until Monday, and they'll probably closed on MLK day anyway. I'm kind of annoyed because at this point, I've paid for something* and gotten nothing. In addition, I'm thinking it's Sunstreaker they're out of, not Sideswipe, and they're just not paying attention to what they're doing. I'm hoping that when I call, I can either get the correct figure shipped to me, or at the very least maybe they'll work something out so that I can get another one somewhere else. A coupon or something, I don't know.

Here's to hope.

*I realize that I said I got it for Christmas...but my wife bought it for me...so I still paid for it.

2. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Idk, The best advice I can give you, you already know.

So I guess just wait until Tuesday.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Only advice I can think of is to email them. Other than that try and be patient for Tuesday I guess.

4. GridironProject

GridironProject Active Member

you gotta love it when a customer service rep doesn't pay attention to the customer. how annoying is that?

5. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    NEVER EVER Ever send things to Hasbro.

Ever.

You should have just bought another Sideswipe, then exchanged the old one in the new packaging.

(For the record, I had the exact same thing happen with my first Sideswipe.)

6. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Pretty funny...in a not-so-funny way.

Good idea, now that you mention it. I did manage to talk to someone today, and he changed the entry from Sunstreaker to Sideswipe...so that's probably a good thing, or else I would have gotten a Sunstreaker in the mail. I think at this point I may just go buy another Sideswipe, and when they send the replacement, I'll take one back and get something else...Silverstreak, or something.

7. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

qc problems suck!!!