Minor/Repaint: Classics shockwave

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by beangrower, Dec 3, 2012.

1. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

So here's my classics shockwave im working on. The usual mold and kit bash parts. Takara Laserwave mold (wished i had a cheaper energon six-shot..apparently they aren't so cheap anymore), and cybertron scattershot (or universe dropshot). now im wondering what route should i take for his laser hand, or whatever you refer to.

something simple like modify this into his arm (off of topspin tfcc exclusive):

[​IMG]

or something like this (got this off of a energon scorponok):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i could actually get half of this to sit in his arm and the rest stick out. what do you guys think. comments, criticism, or any kind of help appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. MarkAsRead

MarkAsRead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I used the arm bit of Signal Flare.

[​IMG]

3. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Good start.

You know, apropos of nothing, but every time I see one of these customs, I wonder why someone hasn't just gone ahead and done a Shapeways (or even home-print) upgrade set with a mirrored version of the shoulders and a blaster that just plugs in to Scattershot/Dropshot/Overload/Flak/Whoever's fisthole...

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I've wondered that as well.

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'd go with the bit from Top Spin. I've always thought of Shockwave as more surgically precise than a huge cannon would make him out to be.

6. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

I used the tip of the DotM Shockwave cannon.

That said, the rectangular-styled cannon on the TF: Prime animation model is growing on me.

7. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I need that mold so bad.I like how he looks with 2 normal arms,maybe something of cannon that can be slide on and off? or I liked TJ's Shockwave using classics megatrons cannon.

8. beangrower

I was looking DOTM shockwaves cannon as well as bumblebee ha, but that would make the figures useless...sorta. I think ill go with the blocky cannon first. It'll be able to remove (screw n unscrew...if everything turns out well. ) and I'll try the skinny one too (should be able to attach to hand when folded in) ...after finals this week that is.

9. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:

Is there still that much interest? Seems like these have more or less died down, and Energon Shockers is hard to come by (comparatively) these days.

It'd certainly be do-able...

10. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

That's a completely valid point. I don't know what all is necessarily involved in generating that sort of thing.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'd be down for a kit even if it ends up being a small run. I've yet to own the Energon Shockblast/Sixshot mold, though. At this rate, I might have to cobble one from my parts bins

12. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I do like the yellow blaster, it'll make your Shockwave unique and menacing.

13. daelf1980

daelf1980 Well-Known Member

can you use the blocky gun bit as the forearm and perhaps half of the red bit as the tip? not sure if someone suggested this but i didnt see more then the first page.

14. beangrower

I could try that too.

Here's the initial fitup of energon blaster. Not facing the way I'd hoped ...but ok so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of my favorite projects that I ever did was a Shockwave conversion kit. I'm not plugging my kit because it has long since been unavailable. I just wanted to share the link in case it is useful for any ideas. I really like the arm choice you have made with your custom so far! The laser arm is always the challenge with this guy :) 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ease-shockblast-shockwave-conversion-kit.html

16. beangrower

Thanks for the reference. Jeez, if only that kit was still around....would've been much quicker. Lol.

Well just started painting using mm deep pearlescant purple.
    [​IMG]
    Think I need to shorten the gun though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey bud. I too have made a couple of customs like this, but I used different arms though.
    I still find this mold the better option we have to make a decent Shockwave for the Classics collection.

I saw this pic from the cellphone game last night and I thought it could inspire you.

[​IMG]

18. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Definitely one of your most inspired sets. It's going to take a MP Shockwave to dislodge that figure from the place of honor in my collection!

GREAT color matching, bravo!

I really like this gun arm-choice. Not strictly G1'y, but it really lines up well with the figure's aesthetics!

D/L

19. beangrower

thanks guys. and thanks for the inspiration. will definitely be looking at that as im going along. well, tried putting this guy back together even though i haven't finished legs, feet, tank treads, and some detailing.

messed up on a few things and won't have time to work on it til this weekend. so here's pics for now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    as you can tell by the split in shockwaves feet, he's not totally put together yet.
    [​IMG]

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Holy crap! The artist for that card CLEARLY used a Shockwave kitbash with Dropshot arms as their model! It's almost too obvious! Wow.

zmog